~ "men are like a fine wine." ~

pygmalion

Actually, after some further thought... Maybe both men and women are like toilet seats. Just use my Mom's old trifold tissue-covering trick, cover it up before you use it, and don't think about it too much. :roll: :wink:

See how I protect you from getting trounced, Matrix? You owe me. :wink: 8)

:uplaugh:

:lol: yeah, thanx for the back-up, Pygmalion. I often forget this is the Cuba of all dancing forums. :lol:

THANK YOU PYGS! :bouncy: (where's the kissy smilie?) found it ----> :kissme:

Well, yeah, both... men and women are like toilet seats in that sense... :D

DancePoet

Matrix said:
Hey, how about this one...........

"Women are like Toilet Seats... you always wonder who's been there before."

:? makes sense?
I could swear the title of this thread was "Men Are Like A Fine Wine", and the topic then turned to the bathroom. :roll: :lol:

(DP, why to I sense this thread might just need to be closed?)

Hmmm ... conscience, you might actually be on to something. ;)

DancePoet

Matrix said:
:uplaugh:

:lol: yeah, thanx for the back-up, Pygmalion. I often forget this is the Cuba of all dancing forums. :lol:

THANK YOU PYGS! :bouncy: (where's the kissy smilie?) found it ----> :kissme:
This can't be Cuba if we permit Matrix to be kissing Pygmalion. ;)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
ooo yes DP.....can't believe I missed such a good offer...especially given my perfectly horrible dance weekend(refers to other thread) :lol:

if only I lived out east and my husband could come too

DancePoet

fascination said:
ooo yes DP.....can't believe I missed such a good offer...especially given my perfectly horrible dance weekend(refers to other thread) :lol:

Well, as long as I can bring my SO. ;)

Hey does your husband dance? My SO does. We could find a good place to do a bit of ballroom after dinner and fine wine?

tsb

Matrix said:
really??? 8) we ought to talk! :lol:

no. women are nothing like toilet seats: toilet seats don't complain if you don't take them out once in a while.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
DancePoet said:
fascination said:

Well, as long as I can bring my SO. ;)

Hey does your husband dance? My SO does. We could find a good place to do a bit of ballroom after dinner and fine wine?
am liking this..yes he does dance...though HE would say not as much or as well...but hey, if you can point us to good wine I just may have to let you know when we head out east next 8)

DancePoet

tsb said:
Matrix said:

no. women are nothing like toilet seats: toilet seats don't complain if you don't take them out once in a while.
P might think she is a "gentleman", but she's not asking because really she's a lady. ;)

Gentleman certainly can ask ...

So ... Tsb ... is there a story behind your statement?

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
DancePoet said:
tsb said:
Matrix said:

P might think she is a "gentleman", but she's not asking because really she's a lady. ;)

for the record tsb...I would never ask a gentleman to take me out especially if it was a financial issue....I think as I have alluded to in other recent threads and as I have talked to my single men friends...that often times women complain about things like "gee you never take me out" when what they are really afraid to say is "it doesn't seem like you are as committed or interested and I am feeling really insecure" because they don't want to open themselves up for what the response to that might be so they frame it in a way that casts the guy's behavior as an inadequacy...pretty counter productive yet common (IMO)

DancePoet said:
tsb said:
Matrix said:

:lol:

DancePoet

fascination said:
DancePoet said:
tsb said:
Matrix said:

for the record tsb...I would never ask a gentleman to take me out especially if it was a financial issue....I think as I have alluded to in other recent threads and as I have talked to my single men friends...that often times women complain about things like "gee you never take me out" when what they are really afraid to say is "it doesn't seem like you are as committed or interested and I am feeling really insecure" because they don't want to open themselves up for what the response to that might be so they frame it in a way that casts the guy's behavior as an inadequacy...pretty counter productive yet common (IMO)
Or maybe it just because they'd like a little bit of romance, at least occasionally. ;)

Some guys just don't get it. They wine and dine, or whatever else it is they do in the 1st stage of a relationship, run into issues during the second stage, haven't worked together with the gal on a process to resolve issues and thus never get out of the second stage, become disillusioned with their relationship, slowly stop doing the romance stuff because of their disappointment with so many issues being unresolved making it difficult to desire romance with her, and continue to spiral down into an ever entangling mess which means they never make it into the third stage, the woman wonders why because she hasn't worked with the guy on establishing a process to resolve issues either, and out pops the question. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dance Ads