Mens' Shoes

Hi all,

New to the forum and salsa (only one lesson behind me but I think I'm hooked!) - based in Wellington NZ.

I have searched through this forum as well as GOOGLE and am getting conflicted info about proper Salsa shoes for men - seeing anything from running shoes to jazz shoes to heels (thought they stopped making heels for men when shooting a bow from a galloping horse became an outdated tactic of warfare...) Right now I am using black leather dress shoes that I work in everyday, seem to work OK but also concerned about wrecking them after a few lessons.

Cheers!

tangotime

Hi all,

New to the forum and salsa (only one lesson behind me but I think I'm hooked!) - based in Wellington NZ.

I have searched through this forum as well as GOOGLE and am getting conflicted info about proper Salsa shoes for men - seeing anything from running shoes to jazz shoes to heels (thought they stopped making heels for men when shooting a bow from a galloping horse became an outdated tactic of warfare...) Right now I am using black leather dress shoes that I work in everyday, seem to work OK but also concerned about wrecking them after a few lessons.

Cheers!
There really are no "proper " shoes for salsa, forget all the sales gimmicks .

What you need is.. a lightweight pair with leather soles . Many of the club floors are sticky, and traditional dance shoes have to much " grip ". IF you are dancing in a studio, even then, those will suffice .

Cheers. So I'll stick with the shoes I have now, they performed OK on the polished floor even though they're not a leather sole, more of a polished rubber type material with little grip.

Dance Ads