Michael & Joanna

CANI

Now this is my cup of tea! (except the Jive). The Cha Cha and Paso were amazing and kept my eyes glued to the end...and I really liked many parts of the Samba and Rumba...

There were many things I liked in those four dances, but one thing that really struck me was the strength in his hands. Every hand movement screamed strength and masculinity, which is usually where other dancers lose me...very, very, nice

dlgodud

What Joanna amazes me is that her ability of using her body. From head to toe, she uses all body muscles and bones she has. She also creates beautiful lines when she dances. :p

etp777

LOVE these two. Saw them for first time (in real life) a few months ago. Even though he'd been sick last couple of days, you could still tell why they were number 1. was a great show!

bjp22tango

It wasn't my cup of tea. I much preferred her style as an amateur when they were broadcasting the competitions on american TV.

I think what I dislike is how she relies on excess movement to come out of her turns. I like her speed in her turns in many sections but it looks frenetic in other places. I almost feel like she is dancing a highlight reel of many poses rather than coherent dances.

I'll have to check out more videos of them and see if it is just this series of videos I don't care for or if it is their style in general.

There is no question that they are a powerful couple, but I don't see the lyricism that others do here.

dlgodud

LOVE these two. Saw them for first time (in real life) a few months ago. Even though he'd been sick last couple of days, you could still tell why they were number 1. was a great show!
Lucky you etp!!! At Windy City, correct? I am waiting for them to come to the East Coast, but I don't know it will ever happen. LOL. I might go to see them at Blackpool next year. :D

dlgodud

In the Rumba video, starting at 1:20, how many turns Joanna does? Does anyone know? My count was 4. Actually, it was too fast and I am not sure I am correct.

Lucky you etp!!! At Windy City, correct? I am waiting for them to come to the East Coast, but I don't know it will ever happen. LOL. I might go to see them at Blackpool next year. :D
Shameless plug - but you *can* see them on the east cost in New York at Dance Legends (www.DanceLegends.com) in April 2012

[moderated by latingal - inactivated commercial link. And Ily you know we don't allow advertising in the ballroom forum, I'll let it go as a (borderline) "informative" post]

Meagan

Did anyone go to this year's Dance Legends? How was it? I'm sure it was amazing
Obviously I can't give a completely unbiased opinion ;) (nor did I get to sit and watch the whole show as most spectators would have) but I will add that Michael & Joanna's Rumba at Dance Legends was AAAmazing. I don't always love the videos of their shows but the number really resonated (literally and figuratively) throughout the venue. It was one of my favorites of the weekend.

Dance Ads