Michigan Competition and Workshop

Hi Everyone,

The University of Michigan will be having our 7th Annual Dancesport Comp on Feb 10th 2007 featuring a showcase from Andrei Gavriline and Elena. Lessons are offered on Feb 11th.

Hope you guys can come for the lessons and/or compete!

w w w . umich.edu/~umbdt/workshop.htm

wyllo

Looks like registration info is up for this competition now. (Although I keep getting an error when I try to access online registration.)

Looks like registration info is up for this competition now. (Although I keep getting an error when I try to access online registration.)
The form seems to come up ok for me. I'm using Firefox.

Does anyone know what this event is like from a specatator perspective? LW and I attended Purdue as specatators and found little seating for non-competitors and all seating was floor level, making spectating difficult if you weren't able to grab a seat in one of the first few rows (thanks again, Wyllo and Caityrosey!).

If spectators are better accomodated at the UofM competition, perhaps we'll attend.

-IJ

Hi Jay,

My name is Rainer and I am the captain of the Dancesport Team @ michigan. The competition is held in a gym and there will be 4-5 sets of bleacher seats (3 tier) located around the dancefloor in addition to the regular seats.

Hi Wyllo,

There was a slight problem accessing the registration but now it is now working. Please let me know if you have any problems.

---------
Rainer
UofMballroom.com

wyllo

I had no problem accessing the registration this morning and am all signed up. :)

IJ - I hope you can make it to the competition. The professional show will definitely be worth it!

Rainer:

If my LW and I come to watch your competition, we might arrive Friday afternoon and would enjoy dancing somewhere that evening. Do you know of any area studios with open dances that night or any other places we might go to dance the evening before your competition?

-IJ

Also, Rainer, I've scoured your team's web site and have not found the exact location of the competition. I assume it's somewhere on campus, but knowing a specific location would be helpful in choosing overnight accomodations.

Hi IJ,

The address of the competition hall is the

Intramural Sports Building
606 E Hoover Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-3717

Thanks for your input. We will add that to our website.

With regards to dancing, we will be having a pre competition open dance in the same building from 8-10pm on Friday. Would that suffice ? :>

There arent any social ballroom dancing going on Friday in Ann Arbor....but there is salsa though

With regards to dancing, we will be having a pre competition open dance in the same building from 8-10pm on Friday. Would that suffice ? :>
Thanks. I would have assumed the Friday night party was for competitors. Are you sure people wouldn't mind a couple middle-aged spectators crashing the party?

Dance Ads