milonguero close embrace versus v style

I am becoming a master of close embrace milonguero style tango but still lots to learn should I take a detour to learn the v style close embrace (not as intimate - more open one side) which is also popular where I go

can someone who knows both advise

dchester

Staff member
My opinion is yes. It's good to know about different styles and techniques, (and especially if they are prevalent in your community). However, no one here can really provide a better answer than you could, (unless it is someone in your community, who has familiarity with your dancing).

Steve Pastor

Staff member
close embrace milonguero style tango.... v style close embrace

For me the "embrace" is a continuum, and I have to make the best of whatever I'm presented with at any given moment.
Learning the opposite ends of the "spectrum:" open, and apildao close embrace, should allow you to work the in between places. But, that's no replacement for actually, repeatedly, dancing with someone who always goes back to a v.

If you can't find (enough) people to dance in your preferred embrace, it seems like you might want to explore the embrace that allows you to find enough partners.

I liked something that someone said recently to me:
Embrace is a living thing, it breathes... sometimes you need to take a deeper breath - to open the embrace to let your partner execute a step with more space. Sometimes you close the embrace to bring your partner closer. Whatever you do, you do it together - you breathe together.

Angel HI

I liked something that someone said recently to me:
Embrace is a living thing, it breathes... sometimes you need to take a deeper breath - to open the embrace to let your partner execute a step with more space. Sometimes you close the embrace to bring your partner closer. Whatever you do, you do it together - you breathe together.
I was only going to 'Like' this, and move on, but it deserved reposting. Excellent!

Dance Ads