Most challenging line dance?

Vince A

Cowboy Hip Hop . . . 132 (give or take a dozen so) steps . . .

But, I've seen some of the new ones out there . . . and I couldn't get 'em if my life depended on it!

Vince A

I used to compete in line dance-offs . . . one thing I learned, when you end up on the wrong wall . . . stay there, and do the dance in the opposite direction (for you) - the same direction they are going!

Although, in the Wild Wild West, where you take 8 steps and swap sides of the floor . . . that doesn't work!

pygmalion

lol I've often wondered what to do when I'm conspicuously facing the wrong wall. I usually just laugh it off, correct myself (if possible) and keep going.

Linedancer said:
Anything by Scott Blevins or Guyton Mundy.
Exactly!!!!

3 am by Guyton is pretty easy, but everything else he does is hard!

Rob I's dance from a few years ago (I danced it with Rob and Tom Mickers at worlds in Edmonton for choreography competition), Trilogy!

pygmalion

Why shim sham? I've only heard of it but never seen it done. And doesn't it pre-date contemporary C&W line dance by a lot? Are people still dancing it?

pygmalion said:
Why shim sham? I've only heard of it but never seen it done. And doesn't it pre-date contemporary C&W line dance by a lot? Are people still dancing it?
Why? Because it's tap and jazz movement vocabulary, and starts on count 8 of the music :)

It dates back at least to the 1920s and is still done at many Lindy events.

Jon-I just looked up the step sheet to Trilogy. Holy cow, 96 counts??????? Yikes! Are Tom M's dances usually impossible? I have only learned Speechless and it was great but all the turns were hard.

Linedancer said:
Jon-I just looked up the step sheet to Trilogy. Holy cow, 96 counts??????? Yikes! Are Tom M's dances usually impossible? I have only learned Speechless and it was great but all the turns were hard.
Yeah, alot of Tom's dances are hard, but you'll never get bored with them, lol. Tom's a cool guy too, a group of us almost got kicked out of the Edmonton mall after Worlds a few years back, lol. Let's see, that group was, Brian B, Tom M, Lee E, Jennifer (girl Brian was dating) and me.
If ya don't recognise the names, lol...
B-Barakauskas
M-Mickers
E-Easton

A few come to mind

Attitude - Masters in Line

Careless Whisper (I have difficulty with that one for some reason)

Home - Frank Cooper

All of Scott Blevins (but they are all rewarding once you learn them)

Guytons ("Shake" and all the other ones. He likes hand movements)

Toy Soldier is another tuffy

wcsjon said:
Yeah, alot of Tom's dances are hard, but you'll never get bored with them, lol. Tom's a cool guy too, a group of us almost got kicked out of the Edmonton mall after Worlds a few years back, lol. Let's see, that group was, Brian B, Tom M, Lee E, Jennifer (girl Brian was dating) and me.
If ya don't recognise the names, lol...
B-Barakauskas
M-Mickers
E-Easton
I copied a lot of moves from Tom M's "Signed Sealed Delivered". I use them as "variation" in other dances. Of course I cant do them as well as Tom though. LoLOLOL

Guytons ("Shake" and all the other ones. He likes hand movements)

Yep - I love Guytons dances, maybe its because of all these hand movements. I like Shake, Time to get up, and Lose it, but i dont think they are hard..
I like Maggie Gallaghers dances too.. Theyre cool.. XD

The most challenging dance right now (for me) is Speechless.. Its very annoing with all these turns.. =P

( Sorry if this is spelled wrong and things like that =P Im not an expert to english.. )

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the DF Denmark_dancer_93! :D

And no need to apolagize for your English either since (1) it's clear enough to be easily understood, and (2) it's much better than my Danish! :lol:

Dance Ads