Most Popular Social Dance for 20-somethings?

snapdancer

If you talk to people in their early 20s, a lot of people would mention "rave" as their favorite style of dance and at such dances, you do see a huge population of people in their teens and twenties.
Are people really partner dancing at a rave? My impression is that it's really free style performed in proximity to another human, but there's really not that much interaction between the two people.

Are people really partner dancing at a rave? My impression is that it's really free style performed in proximity to another human, but there's really not that much interaction between the two people.
You are right, there is no partner dancing at raves. The social part comes when several dancers, usually girls, sync dance. It is becoming trendy at raves here in Switzerland where several girls with one or two guys line up and try to execute the exact same dance moves at the exact same time. It is like line dancing but they prefer to call it sync dancing.

The social part comes when several dancers, usually girls, sync dance. It is becoming trendy at raves here in Switzerland where several girls with one or two guys line up and try to execute the exact same dance moves at the exact same time. It is like line dancing but they prefer to call it sync dancing.
Huh. I've never seen it at raves in the US.

Dance Ads