Musicality Book Club... starting March 1st!

I have been wanting to host a book club for dancers for quite a while now, and I finally found what looks to be a great book on one of my favorite topics! The book is a new one by W.A. Mathieu called Bridge of Waves: What Music Is and How Listening to It Changes the World.

If you think you might be interested, check out the details in my introductory post: Wonder vs. Why: The Bridge of Waves Book Club for Musically Curious Dancers. I've included some quotes and thoughts from the book's introduction as well as a list of the chapter titles to give people an idea of what to expect in the coming weeks.

If you want to follow along and maybe participate, order your book soon so you'll be ready by March 1st! The pace should be reasonable for everyone's busy schedule (including mine): one chapter per week, and I'll be posting every Tuesday.

I hope some of you will join in for some fun and meaningful sharing!

Joy :D

Week 1: Grounded Spirituality Through Upper & Lower Body

I posted Week 1's post yesterday, which corresponds to the introduction of the book. So exciting!

We've had a few discussions on grounded energy on Salsa Forums and a little bit on Dance Forums too, so I'm really excited to have the chance to write a little about a related topic, which has to do with the relationship between the upper and lower body in music and dance: spiritual and grounded, lyrical and rhythmic. I look forward to discussing, so please share your thoughts. Here's the link:

Grounded Spirituality Through Upper and Lower Body: Musicality Book Club, Week 1

Dance Ads