My Authentic Cha Cha

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
clear timing, hitting lines, quick feet/moves, cheeky feel
I certainly agree it does this, but am very curious why you consider this to be "the authentic character of cha cha." Authenticity, at least as the term is commonly used, suggests an element of the historically original. Since the original mambo-inspired chachacha was not a ballroom dance at all, I'm just confused by your choice of the term authentic.

LOL... I don't know, I just see it as authentic, more old school, very much about musicality, choreography I guess,, but its just my opinion

I certainly agree it does this, but am very curious why you consider this to be "the authentic character of cha cha." Authenticity, at least as the term is commonly used, suggests an element of the historically original. Since the original mambo-inspired chachacha was not a ballroom dance at all, I'm just confused by your choice of the term authentic.

don't get offended, but i don't like it.

is it because of the wide pants, but your feet looks messy, and legs to much bend for an international style cha cha.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
LOL... I don't know, I just see it as authentic, more old school, very much about musicality, choreography I guess,, but its just my opinion
Old school for ballroom cha cha perhaps, and certainly exhibiting the qualities you mention, just not what I would term "authentic" for cha cha (which predates ballroom) overall.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

latingal

Leonid, I enjoyed watching the clip of the dancing from USDC. Thank you for posting it. I think you're getting a bit of feedback on the title of the thread, anything with the word "authentic" in it is going to be um....scrutinized because of the long history of these dances.

etp777

Heh, have to remember, tony, one of our top FA pros, loves his wide pants. As wide as possible, and all the way to the ground over his shoes. :)

jump'n'jive

i dont know, call me crazy but i dont like the choreography at all. to many new yorkers, could hold some rhythms longers and not rush into the next phrase. just me though

Dance Ads