My partner posted 2 sets of tails on ebay

pygmalion

Eh. I wasn't compairing yours with his. Both write-ups work just fine, IMO. 8) :)

I actually think his write-up is unusually honest -- a lot more than pretty much anything I've seen on eBay. All the details are in there -- how many times the tails have been worn, how many owners, a (invisible on the photo) flaw is described. He's not trying to hide anything. Very, very nice guy, your partner seems to be. 8)

The tailsuits would fit my hubby except for the waist. I wonder if there is ANY way possible to take a 31" waist and make it a 34" one..... GRRRRRR And he NEEDS a tailsuit. Hard to find a 40/34/31.

Katarzyna

Actually, I think he is selling them way too cheap.. He asked me to sell them for a higher price for him couple days ago, posted some ads, but I guess he was not patient. In immediate need of money I guess as his new tails still sit on my credit card and he needs to pay them off...

Don't think e-bay is a smart place to sell tails though... :?

lynn

Wouldn't it be easier to find local buyers?? I would think it's difficult to sell a tailsuit on ebay than a lady's ballgown just because of the sheer demand factor.

lynn

Hmm, this may sound weird but I like your gowns way more than his tailsuit :lol: :lol: :lol: !! Does that statement even make sense?? o.k., it's getting late and maybe i should be off to bed!

pygmalion

Katarzyna said:
Actually, I think he is selling them way too cheap.. He asked me to sell them for a higher price for him couple days ago, posted some ads, but I guess he was not patient. In immediate need of money I guess as his new tails still sit on my credit card and he needs to pay them off...

Don't think e-bay is a smart place to sell tails though... :?
Oh well. :( I hope he'll get something out of the deal. They do seem to be priced very low. *shrug*

Joe

Kat, why don't you spread the word to the local college kids? I'm sure it's not like people go trolling on eBay for ballroom tails...

There's a HUGE amount of difference between a 31" waist and 34". SInce the waist is actually higher than the literal waist, I'm thinking it wouldn't work. Alex has emailed me a couple times (what a nice guy). I've got my fingers crossed... Maybe if the money comes through we could swing it. But spending a few hundred on something that might/might not work..... I'm nervous, lol. :)

Dance Ads