Need advice for my first Swing competition!

#21
Hey Chandra--

I think will be there also! I am not sure jsut yet, because we will be in KC the weekend before for my Grandaughters thing, so we are still trying to clear two weekends, but we are in hopes to be there. I would also try Jeanne Degeyter's workshops. She is a great dancer and teacher. She heads the Swing Tulsa Style club, and does a great job. Youi might look at her website.
Anyway, hope to see you in KC
 
#22
oh, cool! Hope to see you there. I can't comment on Jeannies Workshops, I didnt get to participate last year, but Ill take your word for it!
 
#23
Horizon said:
So slightly off topic, but who from this forum is going to Liberty? I've been seriously thinking about buying a weekend pass and driving up from the DC area
Decide quick. As of last wed. there were about 40 tickets left.

It's a wonderful event, well done, good comps and good social dancing.

Mysh, Chandra, and I will all be there.
 
#24
leftfeetnyc said:
Decide quick. As of last wed. there were about 40 tickets left.

It's a wonderful event, well done, good comps and good social dancing.

Mysh, Chandra, and I will all be there.
Alright, thanks for the heads up. Just bought a weekend pass and registered for the J&J :)

Are you guys competing, so I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd?
 
#27
#32
haha, I drew him the first song of novice Semis at Reno... Im guessing he is probably from around there, or california... Thats all I got, sorry!
 
#35
We haven't actually met, though I did catch sight of you dancing J&J in Dallas last year. Liberty is out, we are not yet making any east coast trips. July weekend just opened up, so we may get to go to Pheonix. Haven;t really talked to anyone who has gone before, so ????. Probably KC, Definately Dallas over Labor Day, Tulsa in October and November, maybe Houston in January (big on the maybe there).
 
#36
chandra said:
haha, I drew him the first song of novice Semis at Reno... Im guessing he is probably from around there, or california... Thats all I got, sorry!
Oh girl. I'm going to have to teach you the tricks of the trade when we are in Kansas City next month! ;)
 
#38
chandra said:
errr... uh... ehmmm...
LeftfeetNYC, help?
LOL, OMG Chandra, you crack me up. Spratt...she's a bit young for that particular gentleman....well, most gentlemen at these events. Unless she goes to Cali where there really are people her age.
 
#39
leftfeetnyc said:
LOL, OMG Chandra, you crack me up. Spratt...she's a bit young for that particular gentleman....well, most gentlemen at these events. Unless she goes to Cali where there really are people her age.
I don't know. Age shouldn't matter should it lol? There are some really young ones that are at my studio that she hasn't met yet! ;)
 

Dance Ads