New to Salsa!

Hey ladies and gents!

I'm sorta new to Salsa dancing, I learned a few steps from a girl I knew, but I really didn't know what I was doing. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good references such as good music videos or online web sites that could help me start my Salsa career. ;) I'm really interested in this stuff, I love to dance but I just need some guidance.

Hi, trujigalo! Welcome to the forums. :D

I'm more of a dance generalist than a salsera, so I'll let others answer your questions. I just want to give you a big Dance Forums welcome! :D
Thanks Pygmalion! Glad I joined. Well you could always be of use! Do ya got any good dance songs in the category of Salsa or Techno/Night Club music or perhaps something new that I haven't heard before?

Oh! Sounds like a challenge to me! :lol: :D I can help a little, but I bet the whole DF family can help more. I'll start a couple threads, and we'll see what we get for music suggestions. :D

Staff member
Welcome to DF trujigalo! :D

I'm on my way out the door but I'm sure the DF salseros and salseras will come through for you!

Thanks, youngsta. Great minds think alike. There are a bunch of salsa music threads, although I haven't looked up the urls yet. Just scroll down through the salsa forum, and you'll find these:

Salsa covers of popsongs like yesterday - more?
slow salsa music good for teaching
salsa to world music
what is your favorite salsa music
Names of really fast salsa songs
Good practice songs
All time greatest salsa hits - your picks

Lots of music recommendations. :D

Dance Ads