Non-english speakers, how has internet helped?

Rosa said:
la celia said:
I live in Italy! For me,speak,read,understand English is a big satisfaction! :oops:
Why the ' :oops: ', la celia? Being able to speak, read and understand a foreign language is an achievement, not something to be embarrassed about!

To those who spoke about how the Internet can help with learning a foreign language: I agree. I've used it a lot to help with my studies of French and Spanish. (My native language is English.)

But let's not get too caught up in the Internet... one-to-one communication with speakers of the language you're learning is important, too. So much of communication comes from body language (which varies from culture to culture) - and from whatever sort of 'chemistry' you have with the person you're talking with - and even with all the emoticons in the world, you're never going to get that on the Internet.

The Net's a good start if you can't get to language classes or travel or meet with native speakers of the language you're learning... but it's best to try and get some real-time communication as soon as possible. That's been my own experience.

Rosa :)
Hi Rosa!!!
I agree with you! I'm doing the possible to meet native speakers,because I have to improve my English,the comunication,everything!I want to improve it!!!I am really testard and I know that I'll do the possible to get it! In fact, I hope to come in London,after Boston! :D Will be very beautiful! I want to learn the leanguage,so I can't do it if I remain here in Italy!!!:wink:
Thanks!

Rosa

la celia said:
Rosa said:
la celia said:
I live in Italy! For me,speak,read,understand English is a big satisfaction! :oops:
Why the ' :oops: ', la celia? Being able to speak, read and understand a foreign language is an achievement, not something to be embarrassed about!

To those who spoke about how the Internet can help with learning a foreign language: I agree. I've used it a lot to help with my studies of French and Spanish. (My native language is English.)

But let's not get too caught up in the Internet... one-to-one communication with speakers of the language you're learning is important, too. So much of communication comes from body language (which varies from culture to culture) - and from whatever sort of 'chemistry' you have with the person you're talking with - and even with all the emoticons in the world, you're never going to get that on the Internet.

The Net's a good start if you can't get to language classes or travel or meet with native speakers of the language you're learning... but it's best to try and get some real-time communication as soon as possible. That's been my own experience.

Hi Rosa!!!
I agree with you! I'm doing the possible to meet native speakers,because I have to improve my English,the comunication,everything!I want to improve it!!!I am really testard and I know that I'll do the possible to get it! In fact, I hope to come in London,after Boston! :D Will be very beautiful! I want to learn the leanguage,so I can't do it if I remain here in Italy!!!:wink:
Thanks!
Good luck, la celia! Dedication is what's needed to achieve anything of note, and it sounds as though you've got it. And of course posting on DF will help, too.

Larinda McRaven said:
I guess I am the other way around.
I learned Hangual completely from the internet. I can read and write and speak it. I can carry on simple conversations with my TaeKwonDo Masters. That would never have happened without the internet.
Wow Larinda! I did not know that you can actually hold conversation in Korean! :) I just assumed that you know how to say hello and thank you and such.. :oops: It's just a surprise cause not many non-Koreans would bother learning Korean..

The internet helped me immensely when I was learning French in terms of reading skills. Also, instant messaging I'd say has contributed a lot towards my typing :) Not sure about my English... hmm

pr

Non - english speakers...
:?: :?: :?: Jag förstår inte! Ich verstehe nicht! ¡No comprende! Je ne comprends pas! :roll:

Twilight_Elena

Hmmm... Well, let's say that the iNternet has given me fluency but not accuracy in English. My continuous exposure to bad grammar and awry syntax has distorted my English like this:
hey gyuz i'm lukin for a kewl new pairr of shoos 4 latin, does any1 knnow of a gud URL? :shock:
Though hopefully not...

Twilight Elena

Dance Ads