Nuevo tango

tangotime

Excellent interpretation to that music--- but does not impart the deeper roots of the dance ( a lttle too bouncy ) but nice couple

Me

I appreciate their talent but if I were to say one thing critical, it would be the intensity of their physical movement far overshadows any intensity of feeling, expression, or artistry. Maybe some people like this sort of nuevo with deadpan expression, but to me when you do that, you're removing the tango.

But hey, I'm the young chick who likes to dance with all the old guys at milongas, so...

Anyway, thanks for posting that clip. I might steal *cough* I mean uh, some of my dancing might be uh, 'inspired' by a few things I saw. ;)

bordertangoman

I appreciate their talent but if I were to say one thing critical, it would be the intensity of their physical movement far overshadows any intensity of feeling, expression, or artistry. Maybe some people like this sort of nuevo with deadpan expression, but to me when you do that, you're removing the tango.

But hey, I'm the young chick who likes to dance with all the old guys at milongas, so...

Anyway, thanks for posting that clip. I might steal *cough* I mean uh, some of my dancing might be uh, 'inspired' by a few things I saw. ;)

Gees, this is Belgrade, maan. Make some allowance for Balkan character. Anyway deadpan is good in tango; expression should come through the body not the face.

I didn't watch all of it, but pretty interesting. Too bouncy for me and didn't like the arm pumping up and down the whole time. And maybe it was because he's so much bigger than her, but it looked like he was throwing her around a little. There are lots of videos out there of chicho & eugenia, sebastian & mariana, pablo & dana etc that I'd rather watch for nuevo.

Perhaps "Me" meant that sometimes these young nuevo couples are too focused on executing the moves and you don't notice any real enjoyment or connection? Just a guess, that's how I feel anyway.

Dance Ads