Off to the north country...

Spitfire

Tommorow I leave for a trip to the Seattle area where among other things I'll savor the great dancing up there; will think of you all as I do so. :D

So far no one on this forum from that area?

Spitfire

DanceMentor said:
Spitfire,
You should check out: The Rockin Horse Dance Barn
I've heard good things about it.
Mentor, I have been to the Rocking Horse Barn in Renton which is not that far from where my cousin whom I'll be visiting lives. To be honest I didn't care for it myself; at least not on the night I was there, but thanks anyway.

The biggies up there are the Orion Ballroom in Kirkland and the Century in downtown Seattle; I plan on going to both again and to Dancesport Seattle which I didn't check out the last two times I was there.

DanceMentor

Administrator
Hi Spitfire,

I didn't realize you had been there. i hope you will let us know about your trip when you return. I've seen some great dancers from DanceSport Seattle at the competitions. That sounds like it has possibilities.

Spitfire

DanceMentor said:
Hi Spitfire,

I didn't realize you had been there. i hope you will let us know about your trip when you return. I've seen some great dancers from DanceSport Seattle at the competitions. That sounds like it has possibilities.
Mentor,

Still up here and will be until Monday.

I went last Friday to Dancesport and was surprised that counting myself there were only 8 in attendance, but made the best of things. Was at the Orion on Saturday and it was rockin' as usual. Went to the swing dance at the Century in downtown Seattle and had great fun there; not as many people as when I was there last year, but still a good crowd.

I want to check out a fairly new place in Redmond called Danceworks this Friday; I stopped in there yesterday to check the facility out and was told that they get from 70-90 people at their weekend dances - OMG that is a small place and even though they have two floors I have to wonder how much room there is for dancing; only one way to find out.

Take care.

Spitfire

Got back from my trip two days ago; was great. :D

As I mentioned I attended a Friday night dance at DanceWorks in Redmond. Though it is small it is a very nice studio with a nice design, but the dancing there was not so great.

I finally got to meet the owner of the Orion in Kirkland and to my surprise the whole staff knew who I was. This was due to the emails I had sent, but since only a couple of people answered them I did not realize that I am known of by the whole staff. :D

All in all there was not as much attendance at the dances I went to at the Orion and the Century as had been in my previous visits, but good crowds still. This was my third straight year up there and it's time for something different now. :D

Next year San Diego. :D

Thanks for all the info.
Hopefully, this might come in handy others travelling to the Seattle area.
Should we rename this thread "Seattle Area Dancing"?

Spitfire

DanceMentor said:
Thanks for all the info.
Hmmm, do like Dancescape does and have threads for different cities? :mrgreen:

The only problem with DanceScape it I think they have too many forums. When I do the next upgrade to Dance Forums, I'm going to include "subforums". For example, I could create a forum called "Dancing Around the USA" and then when you click on it, it will take you to a list of places.

Thanks for the suggestion. Dance Forums is growing fast, and as more posts are made and more people join, it will be important to come up with ways to make it easy for people to find what they are looking for. I'm sure we'll revisit this topic again.

Thanks again,
David

Spitfire

DanceMentor said:
The only problem with DanceScape it I think they have too many forums. When I do the next upgrade to Dance Forums, I'm going to include "subforums". For example, I could create a forum called "Dancing Around the USA" and then when you click on it, it will take you to a list of places.

Thanks for the suggestion. Dance Forums is growing fast, and as more posts are made and more people join, it will be important to come up with ways to make it easy for people to find what they are looking for. I'm sure we'll revisit this topic again.

Thanks again,
David
Yeah I agree - jump roping, cheerleading, skating? it's a very good forum though.

It would be better to have like you say "Dancing Around the USA" with a list of venues and events.

We'll definitely add more forums in the future, but I prefer to keep it as simple as possible so it's easy to follow. It shouldn't be much longer before subforums are available.

A bit too commercial for my taste...
Dance Forums will always make discussion and articles come first.

Spitfire

DanceMentor said:
Thanks for all the info.
Getting back to my comment on meeting the Orion staff; it was good for two free passes so I didn't have to pay a dime. 8)

This is one place that I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to that area. :D

Dance Ads