Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

bia

@dlliba10 -- there were two songs we heard you play on Saturday night at the Gumbo that we'd love to know the version: the Satie Gymnopédie that you played for the adult champ (waltz -- I've been wanting a strict tempo version of that one for a long time), and Dance Me to the End of Love (foxtrot -- we have the one from Madeleine Peyroux's Careless Love, but DH likes the arrangement you played better).

dlliba10

@dlliba10 -- there were two songs we heard you play on Saturday night at the Gumbo that we'd love to know the version: the Satie Gymnopédie that you played for the adult champ (waltz -- I've been wanting a strict tempo version of that one for a long time), and Dance Me to the End of Love (foxtrot -- we have the one from Madeleine Peyroux's Careless Love, but DH likes the arrangement you played better).
"Simply Satie" by Michael Dulin -- you need to skip past I think the first minute for the regular tempo portion. And the artist on Dance Me is Tony Evans and His Orchestra (I think -- I got the file from someone without any metadata and that's what Soundhound told me!).

kckc

Looks like Siri was wrong, though that is a cool song in its own right. The song is "Snowflakes" by Silke Heller, on something appropriately called "Music for Dancers". Thanks for looking though.

Dance Ads