Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Miss Silly

I'm looking for what I think may be a viennese waltz-ified version of a song... I was at a competitor practice recently and I wasn't paying much attention to the standard music since we were only doing the latin bits. I think some of the lyrics were something along the lines of "all i can do is count highway signs" and "i'm on my way". I tried to remember until I had a chance to write it down somewhere.

When I got home, i googled for the lyrics and a song called "County Line" (Cass McCombs) seems like a good contender and has a similar mood to what I remembered. But what I found on youtube wasn't what they played but i can't find the dance-version.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone know where i can find the dance version of the song i think it is? LOL

Greetings. I'm looking for bolero music. I saw some of the recommendations that have already been posted, but nothing quite suits what I'm looking for. It's a solo, so timing can change a bit, but mostly I just want something passionate. Any recommendations? TIA

Nah, you couldn't have known the exact song you were looking for was buried a page back. Took me forever to edit that song, though -- so much repetition ...
Oh yeah, didn't think about that. I'll probably just edit out the first 30 seconds before the drums come in and call it good enough for my practice purposes - it's repetitive, but not as bad as the samba counting tracks that are out there.

ETA: Ugh and that awful pounding noise at the end of the track. I legit thought my phone was broken for a sec when that started.

Dance Ads