Old Dance Electric Slide

Does anyone know a good song to do the electric slide to?

It's been so long since I've done it and a few of my friends (dance illiterate ones) want to learn a easy dance. So I'm going to teach them in my garage thursday night Stroken and Electric Slide.

But for the life of me can't remember what a good song to do it to is. Help!

Also, just to refresh my memory...it's a vine to the right, a vine to the left, 3 steps back the wiggles and a scuff with a 1/4 turn right?

dTas

how about "The Electric Slide" and "Stroken"

those would be good songs to do the electric slide and stroken line dances to. :D

Vince A

sommore599 said:
But for the life of me can't remember what a good song to do it to is. Help!
Try these . . .
Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox- Joe Diffie (Fast)
Counts: 18 Prop Me Up- (Cover Ver) Country Dance Kings
Dance: 4 Wall Line Adalida- George Strait (150 BPM) - very fast!
Choreog: Unknown Electric Boogie- Marcia Griffith
Level: Beginner Electric Slide Medley- Marcia Griffith
Fast As You- Dwight Yoakam
Get Back- Steve Wariner
Get In Line- Larry Boone (Med-Slow)
Ghostbusters- Ray Parker Jr (Med-Fast)
Love Is Not A Thing-
Move This- Technotronic (Fast)
Oh King Richard- Kyle Petty
Super Love- Exile (Slow)
Think Of Me- Madonna (Fast)
Twiglight Zone- 2 Unlimited (Fast)
U Can't Touch This- M.C. Hammer (Fast)
Wild Man- Ricky Van Shelton
Earthquake- Ronnie Milsap

Clarence Carter - Strokin'

sommore599 said:
Also, just to refresh my memory...it's a vine to the right, a vine to the left, 3 steps back the wiggles and a scuff with a 1/4 turn right?
Don't forget those touch steps at the end of the grapevines, which picks up that foot to move . . . I believe there are 4 steps back with a touch step, a rock forward, then a rock back, before you scuff (alternate move) and do a 1/4 turn to start the next wall.

Play any straight beat song - no breaks in it, and not fast.

Also, don't forget . . . after the three steps back is where you can do at least 30 different moves before doing the 1/4 turn to start over . . . hip hop moves are pretty popular at this point!

Have fun teaching it . . . this is one of the first line dances that I taught . . . brings back memories!

Vince A

sommore599,

Just make sure you teach it when the wind is right there in Gilroy . . . don't want people passin' out from all those garlic fumes!

Let us know how your class went???

Sagitta

Great Michelle! :D

ruchasingrabbits said:
Hey, a good song to dance the electric slide to is "Are you Single" by Aurra....The beat goes along with the steps perfectly for beginners! :D
Thanks and welcome to df ruchasingrabbits. :cheers: :)

STEPPRD ON

When I got married, people were stepping all over me during the electric slide. I thought they were going to rip my dress. The cha cha slide wasn't as bad because they give you the directions in the song, but it is funny how many people don't know their right from left. :roll:

I've got to say, maybe I'm just a grumpy old killjoy, but I HATE those novelty dance songs like the Cha-Cha Slide. The only positive function they have, as far as I can see, is that they give people who aren't confident to stand up on their own the guts to get on the dance floor. The main negative function they have though is that they also encourage every staggering unco-ordinated drunken idiot to get up on the dance floor...

Dance Ads