On1 and On2 same week

There are two group classes in my area every week. One is taught on 1, the other is taught on 2.

Should I work on one style for a while, and then (after few months?) and only then learn the other style?

Or is it feasible to do both styles same week? As far as practicing [solo], how frequently should I switch styles?

opendoor

There are at least two on-2 styles around. I find on-1 compatible with mambo classico and puertoriquena, but not with NY-style.

MaggieMoves

It depends on your experience. Mambo on2 "NY Style" is quite different from on1, and I'd probably separate the two if you're a newbie. Once you can distinguish the timing, I'd say do both... it can only help you in the long run.

tangotime

Should I work on one style for a while, and then (after few months?) and only then learn the other style?

Or is it feasible to do both styles same week? As far as practicing [solo], how frequently should I switch styles?
On 1 or 2 is not a style, but a choice of break points .

As Puente said " ALL salsa is Mambo but, not ALL Mambo is salsa ".. point ; "style" is essentially regional. with certain countries having their own ( Colombia for ex. ) .

Add to the descriptions , "Personal " style.

The UK, for some reason known to them, call their method " Cross body " primarily because it's not used in Cuban styles, like Son ( the original form ) .The name used by the UK is odd for this reason; they abhor ballroom styled salsa, and yet, choose a BR name !!!

As to 1 or 2, learn both, if you are a "follow" and region dependant, on your local dance scene.

Dance Ads