P a n t y h o s e

Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena said:
For one thing, I do BOTH ballroom and salsa, bachata, merengue. I'm an all-combo girl. Secondly, ballroom does include smooth dances over here, so I also do foxtrot, waltz and tango except for latin. And since hose is a no-no with open toe, my only choice is fishnet. Boy, am I gonna get comments...

Twilight Elena
Hmmm. I wrote this no too long ago. Back then I was frightened at the idea of exposing my legs to the public. Now I'm not that self-conscious. Strange how dancing can change a tomboyish, awkward teen into a growing woman. Thanks, dancing! :D

Twilight Elena

FTL said:
Oh, I'm sorry I think I'm in the ladies dressing room! I didn't see anything.
Ha ha! (Yeah, right!) Reminds me of the fashions show I was in a few weeks back- we were getting ready for the full dress rehearsal and I'm putting on this strappy backless top and turn around and the event planner was there, looking over the screen! Oh well, you know the saying about boobs- "You've seen one, you've seen 'em both!"

pygmalion

cocodrilo said:
Ha ha! (Yeah, right!) Reminds me of the fashions show I was in a few weeks back- we were getting ready for the full dress rehearsal and I'm putting on this strappy backless top and turn around and the event planner was there, looking over the screen! Oh well, you know the saying about boobs- "You've seen one, you've seen 'em both!"
*giggle* How embarrasssing. :oops:

Strange thing is, I'm not terribly shy if someone catches a view of me nude. Guess it comes from hanging out a lot with th' boys at hot springs, or camping or something. Being modestly endowed might also have something to do with it...

I have a question to the more than modestly endowed out there:

Anyone ever found a bra that gives support to D or larger chest sizes, without using so much padding that the result could nock someone out???

pygmalion

Incidentally. Has anybody ever tried "Bring it Up" instant lifts? (Instant breast lifts, that is. :oops: :lol: ) Just noticed 'em on The Dance Dresser site. They look like ... well.

Anybody ever tried 'em? :cool:

pygmalion

I couldn't tell whether they were intended to be instead of a bra or inside of a bra (a la saggy old ladies lol.)

Either way, it's probably worth the twenty-five bucks to find out. lol.

Manhattan Theatre Supply has the "Bring It Up" lifts for $9. I don't know if the packages contain the same # of lifts, though.

They have a bunch of other adhesive bras and cups under Non-Bras and Clothing Tapes.

Did you watch the instructional video on Dance Shopper? Yikes.

My husband and I are very new to dance and will never be good enough to compete, unless it is a comp to find the worst dancers in the place, however, we have found an enjoyment level dancing that we can never experience elsewhere. the advice on hose is great and the write-ups on other underwear has also been useful, however, as a lady with shall we say a poor view of my feet when standing, I do suffer with a back problem after an hour of Standard practise, Latin seems easier, I think because of the more varied degrees of movement. anyone have any ideas on how I can dance longer without back discomfort

Dance Ads