Paid dance Social/event with your dance teacher for the entire event time?

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I think I said getting my flirt on from time to time was an irresistable force and he (gallantly) countered that I was an irresistable force...I sincerely hope he was flirting ;)

Standarddancer

I would do this if I actually threw a party and wanted to show off to my non-dancing friends. (I know it is a bit "showy" BUT many of my friends would then be able to dance with him too and hopefully sign up with him for classes ...they keep saying they are interested ...It would be a great motivator to bring him to them and they then see if it is what they might do. Make sense?)
In this case, it's very beneficiary to the male dance instructor, if he gets more students from your party, he actually owe you a big "thank you"

As for buying a pro partner for a social - if you're paying him/her the same as you would for that amount of time of private lessons, I don't see the point. Just take the private lessons. It seems awefully showy to come to a social with a pro, especially, since, in my opinion, you'd get more accomplished during a private lesson anyway.
Because social dancing is fun! Especially with a very good partner. :)
I'm young and idealistic. :D
Ditto! At least on the latter. Not so much on the former... :sigh:

In this case, it's very beneficiary to the male dance instructor, if he gets more students from your party, he actually owe you a big "thank you"

I hope so .... I am really thinking about this. LOL

To the point I spoke with him briefly on it and he is open to the idea.

I have more than 5 of my friends who are very interested (that actively were like, I need to go with you and learn).... we will see. .... I want to do a showcase in the fall. I asked and he said ok. So I am going to have my family and friends there. (somewhere around like 25 or more people) Plus it is a dance too in between the shows. So MAYBE he can get them out there and show them how much fun and worthwhile it is. I have already lost weight from dancing (still a ways to go) so THAT is a huge incentive for my girlfriends to see and such too. Ah the blessing of dance ....

Nucat...is New Jersey too far for you to come social dancing? There are a few like you, but there are many that stick to their one partner - be it wife, SO, dance partner - whatever.
I think you should come over here. :) Of the ten social ballroom venues I've been to in my area, only two are overwhelmingly couplish/BYOP (Bring Your Own Partner). At the other studios, the majority of people come (even with their spouses or SOs) ready to mingle.

I think you should come over here. :) Of the ten social ballroom venues I've been to in my area, only two are overwhelmingly couplish/BYOP (Bring Your Own Partner). At the other studios, the majority of people come (even with their spouses or SOs) ready to mingle.
TC, I've never been to San Fran, so sounds like a plan! :D

QPO

Most of the dance teachers that I know, are a couple, so I don't think they would be fore hire for a night. But I would know some women who would use the service if it was available, Does it come with a foot rub after ;-)

:nope: Perhaps the intention was to rhyme, but the locals will do horrible, unspeakable things to you if you refer to "The City" as San Fran (or Frisco). ;)
Was just being lazy and not typing out the whole name...;)

Think it is funny that you refer to it as "The City"...I leave in NJ, so the only "The City" I thought there was was New York...

samina

Most of the dance teachers that I know, are a couple, so I don't think they would be fore hire for a night. But I would know some women who would use the service if it was available, Does it come with a foot rub after ;-)
Most of the pros I know who do this or have done this regularly are married or partnered. The one has nothing to do with the other. We're not talking about hiring a *date* for a night...it's just a couple hours of dancing.

Otherwise it'd be like saying, "Oh, he can't work at the office tonight because he's married". I think because of the one-on-one nature of this work, it's easy to lose sight of the fact it's a profession.

Dance Ads