People Dancing by Themselves @ The Clubs...

Sagitta said:
Big10 said:
africana said:
Very strange fixation on your part if I may say so
Indeed.

Matrix may be new to most people on Dance-Forums.com, but he has a history on the Internet, particularly on Salsa-related message boards. More importantly, Matrix is using this thread to talk about a specific woman, and some of us know exactly who that is. This is now the second thread on two different forums that Matrix has started, regarding that woman. The first thread on the other forum was a more blatant and direct insult to that person, and this thread is merely a thinly veiled one.

For reasons that only a therapist could understand, it is obvious that Matrix has been on a mission to gather support for his belief that such a person is "weird".....only to have it backfire on him because both threads have shown overwhelming support for what real dancers understand -- dancing is most often about individual expression and we should respect other dancers' ways of doing that, even if it doesn't match our own culture, teachings, emotions, etc.

Matrix needs help. For every 3 or 4 good threads he might start, he just can't stop himself from countering those with one that is so outrageously insulting or offensive that it overshadows the rest. He gets away with his wacky thoughts on one or two forums, so I usually ignore him there. I just hate to see him try to bring that mess to DF.

Sorry, but that's my unvarnished opinion.
I'm sorry too. Concerns by anyone should be directed via pms to moderators rather then repeatedly resulting in public airing on df. This taints the air and turns people off, just as it is beginning to do so for me. There is a reason why we ask people to communicate via pm to moderators rather then public attacking on the forums and I must ask that everyone on df respect the efforts that we make. The moderators spend hours every day monitoring df and working behind the scenes with pms etc. However, we cannot keep df the way it is without your cooperation. It is disturbing when I, for instance, may be working behind the scenes and then see other df members undoing all the work that I put in. Irrespective of a fellow member's behavior, public bashing like this is not constructive and is unacceptable.

If anyone has concerns about this post please contact me via pm. Thanks. 8)
My apologies, Sagitta, since I have great respect for you and this forum. I generally avoid addressing Matrix, and I have done so only twice on this forum. Once was to defend the moderators, and the other time is quoted above, which was intended to defend a dance friend. I sincerely apologize if I was overzealous in doing so.

Sincerely,
Chupacabras10 :wink:

BrookeErin said:
Tacad, Monday, I am belly dancing at the State Fair. I was supposed to do it Monday and Friday, but I have an interview on Friday.
Good luck on both! :D
I might actually show 3-6" of my belly for that performance and that's fairly riske for me. But we all know that the hip scarf of coins is the sexiest part of any belly dancer's costume.
Don't kid yourself. :wink:

pygmalion

With all due respect, mambochino, this thread and a couple others have already explored your questions fully ... over and over ... and over. :?

My view? Judging somebody else as weird or disrespectful or intrusive or argumentative or anything else is an exercise in frustration. Live and let live, in my view. Hint hint

DancePoet

Pacion said:
Sabor said:
i like dancing by myself on the side sometimes.. its just a mood.. .. ends up u hit it solo cause u got dish the mojo out 8)
Don't worry Sabor. :roll: If I saw you dancing solo, I will ask you to dance. :roll: wouldn't want anyone to think you were weird :twisted: :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In this culture we are too obsessed about this whole idea of 'PARTNER' dancing. Why do we need permission from other people to move to the music? Why do we necessarily need a partner?

When I was in Havana, a guy there was telling me how many tourists would come into the bars and just stand by the side, smile, take pictures and not move to the music. To him, this was really really strange. Why would someone not be moved by the music? I looked around, and noticed that half the bar was dancing by themselves, girating and dancing to the music, while only six or seven couples danced, usually tourist / local pairs.

pygmalion said:
With all due respect, mambochino, this thread and a couple others have already explored your questions fully ... over and over ... and over. :?

My view? Judging somebody else as weird or disrespectful or intrusive or argumentative or anything else is an exercise in frustration. Live and let live, in my view. Hint hint
With all due respect, there is always more than one side to judging things or asking a question. Sometimes a question is not really a question >:)

tacad said:
Houdinni said:
Strange to think that people are actualy shy to invite you... A beautifull girl that on top of that actually knows how to dance...?! :shock: That's priceless! In here you'd have a steady strem on people making lines to dance with you...! :roll:
Hmmm. Maybe there aren't many players in BrookeErin's scene. If there's a lot of regular guys then I could understand.
The problem is guys I don't know only want to ask me to dance reggaeton (I will not dance with any guy I don't know) or merengue (basically the same rule, but because it bores me... some friends/great dancers get the exception to this). Besides, there are plenty of beautiful women that can dance, many better than I can.

BrookeErin said:
tacad said:
Houdinni said:
Strange to think that people are actualy shy to invite you... A beautifull girl that on top of that actually knows how to dance...?! :shock: That's priceless! In here you'd have a steady strem on people making lines to dance with you...! :roll:
Hmmm. Maybe there aren't many players in BrookeErin's scene. If there's a lot of regular guys then I could understand.
The problem is guys I don't know only want to ask me to dance reggaeton (I will not dance with any guy I don't know) or merengue (basically the same rule, but because it bores me... some friends/great dancers get the exception to this). Besides, there are plenty of beautiful women that can dance, many better than I can.
Tacad... They don't have to be players... All thing equal, if I have to choose between two girls, I'd probably pick the prettyer one... No crime there...

You only dance regaeton with guys you already know, or you only dance with guys you know, period?

Because if that's the usual in your city, I'll be doomed if I ever get to got there, since I'll not know anyone, apart from you (virtually). That way I'd be stuck with dancing with you only for the whole night!

Hey...! :idea: Wait a minute... :shock: This actually seems nice!!! :lol:

pygmalion

mambochino said:
pygmalion said:

With all due respect, there is always more than one side to judging things or asking a question. Sometimes a question is not really a question >:)
True. It's just been a tough few days, with similar not-really-a-questions having already been discussed at length. 8) :D Going back over the same ground doesn't add much, that I can see. I could be wrong. *shrug* 8) :)

pygmalion

brujo said:
In this culture we are too obsessed about this whole idea of 'PARTNER' dancing. Why do we need permission from other people to move to the music? Why do we necessarily need a partner?

When I was in Havana, a guy there was telling me how many tourists would come into the bars and just stand by the side, smile, take pictures and not move to the music. To him, this was really really strange. Why would someone not be moved by the music? I looked around, and noticed that half the bar was dancing by themselves, girating and dancing to the music, while only six or seven couples danced, usually tourist / local pairs.
Wow. Cool observation, brujo. :D Nice to "see" you, btw. I know you must be busy. How's your website going? :D :friend:

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
mambochino said:
pygmalion said:

True. It's just been a tough few days, with similar not-really-a-questions having already been discussed at length. 8) :D Going back over the same ground doesn't add much, that I can see. I could be wrong. *shrug* 8) :)
Hmmm ... perhaps questions that are not questions could be avoided? ;) 8)

Besides, it is the very nature of people to judge one another, happens all the time. It's unfortunate, I wish we could all love one another for who we are, but when people step over the line and create a sense of disrespect, people will judge them, too. Even asking questions like, "who are you to judge" is being somewhat judgemental. :roll: ;)

DancePoet

pygmalion said:
brujo said:

Wow. Cool observation, brujo. :D Nice to "see" you, btw. I know you must be busy. How's your website going? :D :friend:
Ayuh, my mother always said, "there is more then one way to skin a cat." :shock: :wink: :lol:

Houdinni said:
BrookeErin said:
tacad said:
Houdinni said:
You only dance regaeton with guys you already know, or you only dance with guys you know, period?

Because if that's the usual in your city, I'll be doomed if I ever get to got there, since I'll not know anyone, apart from you (virtually). That way I'd be stuck with dancing with you only for the whole night!

I only dance Reggaeton with guys I know and trust. It avoids misunderstandings, unsafe situations, and the dance losing it's fun for me.
No, I don't think it's the norm around here to only dance with people you know (although I am sure we all do that more often than dancing with strangers). Quite honestly, I was reduced to introducing myself to strange men who I had seen dancing because salseras seem to way outnumber salseros. 8)

BrookeErin said:
Houdinni said:
BrookeErin said:
tacad said:
Houdinni said:

I only dance Reggaeton with guys I know and trust. It avoids misunderstandings, unsafe situations, and the dance losing it's fun for me.
No, I don't think it's the norm around here to only dance with people you know (although I am sure we all do that more often than dancing with strangers). Quite honestly, I was reduced to introducing myself to strange men who I had seen dancing because salseras seem to way outnumber salseros. 8)
And they still say there's no heaven on earth... :oops:

Houdinni said:
BrookeErin said:
Houdinni said:
BrookeErin said:
tacad said:
Houdinni said:

And they still say there's no heaven on earth... :oops:
Laf... I really like Indianapolis... but I'm not sure I would compare it to heaven....

Dance Ads