Perking up dull Swarovski earrings

Standarddancer

Yes Swarovski stones clean up so nicely! Last time my SW hair piece got cloudy cos my hairspray, Boyko's assistant used a wet towel to wipe clean the stones in 2 minutes! Stones look like new and shine immediately for next use!

mindputtee

I think it depends more what's on the stones than what kind of stones they are, unless the stones themselves are ruined. I had some Preciosa hairpieces that I tossed in a bag and the silicone backing on them rubbing against the other stones caused the stones to discolor and in some cases simply lose their color and go cloudy. The stones weren't dirty, but ruined. The silicone sealant I was using releases acetic acid (the active ingredient in vinegar) as it cures, so I wouldn't suggest using vinegar to clean them unless you know for sure what they are. I've cleaned preciosa stones with acetone before and not had trouble with it.

Miss Silly

I think it depends more what's on the stones than what kind of stones they are, unless the stones themselves are ruined. I had some Preciosa hairpieces that I tossed in a bag and the silicone backing on them rubbing against the other stones caused the stones to discolor and in some cases simply lose their color and go cloudy. The stones weren't dirty, but ruined. The silicone sealant I was using releases acetic acid (the active ingredient in vinegar) as it cures, so I wouldn't suggest using vinegar to clean them unless you know for sure what they are. I've cleaned preciosa stones with acetone before and not had trouble with it.
That's interesting, but makes sense. Thanks for sharing that tidbit!

Dance Ads