Photo Album Updates

Sagitta

Added one photo of me dancing; one of the two tangueras who honored me with their company dancing that same night; plus one of moi acting silly at work, at the Fine Arts Library, Cornell. :)

Must take photos every night until I get some really good ones! Last night I realized that I wasn't clearing the memory of my digital camera often enough, and so I had to stop taking photos and manually delete some. :( From now on I am wiping out the memory the day after every dance.

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
I just added a few extra shots from the Yankee Classic (from back in June, in Boston) and will be starting to add some USDSC photos shortly... hope everyone enjoys!

SDsalsaguy said:
Pacion said:
Some very vibrant colours SD :notworth: :D
LOL... thanks Pacion, but they're the ones who choose what colors their costumes are! :wink: :lol:
:doh: :doh: :doh: (c) SDSalsaguy aka SD :lol: vibrant colours of the photos not the costumes! Admittedly my salsa photos are taken in a dark environment but the colours don't hit me in the eye like the ones in yours :wink:

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
Pacion said:
SDsalsaguy said:
Pacion said:
LOL... thanks Pacion, but they're the ones who choose what colors their costumes are! :wink: :lol:
:doh: :doh: :doh: (c) SDSalsaguy aka SD :lol: vibrant colours of the photos not the costumes! Admittedly my salsa photos are taken in a dark environment but the colours don't hit me in the eye like the ones in yours :wink:
It's all about the flash! :wink:

Seriously though, when I first started trying to snap ballroom photos (a little over two years ago), I didn't get close to what I do now. Obviously the biggest difference has been my learning my craft but, beyond that, upgrading my flash helped a lot. Obviously the flash doesn't compose or take the pictures, but having a powerful flash with a quick recycle lets me shoot faster without missing too many shots. If there's something in front of me I can get it and have a full flash recharge pronto and, if there's something further away, the flash is still powerful enough to reach it.

I take the shots – and ultimately could take the same ones with lesser equipment – but having better tools certainly does make it faster and easier to capture what I'm trying to.

[P.S. We could always talk about this more in the Photo Forums... hint, hint, hint! :wink: ]

SDsalsaguy said:
Pacion said:
SDsalsaguy said:
Pacion said:
It's all about the flash! :wink:

Seriously though, when I first started trying to snap ballroom photos (a little over two years ago), I didn't get close to what I do now. Obviously the biggest difference has been my learning my craft but, beyond that, upgrading my flash helped a lot. Obviously the flash doesn't compose or take the pictures, but having a powerful flash with a quick recycle lets me shoot faster without missing too many shots. If there's something in front of me I can get it and have a full flash recharge pronto and, if there's something further away, the flash is still powerful enough to reach it.

I take the shots – and ultimately could take the same ones with lesser equipment – but having better tools certainly does make it faster and easier to capture what I'm trying to.

[P.S. We could always talk about this more in the Photo Forums... hint, hint, hint! :wink: ]
:doh: :lol: I barely get a chance to look at the other forums! I know that it "just another popup window" but :wink:

Dance Ads