Poll for the ladies; To Cologne, or NOT to Cologne, THAT is the question!

Knowing that women tend to have a more sensitive sense of smell then men, I aim for a faint, pleasant scent at the start of the evening so that it's never too much.

I wear:

Scented deodorant (not anti-perspirant).
1/2 to 1 spritz of cologne (a light, sweet-smelling one; not a cloying, heavy one) applied to chest early in the evening, before my shirt.
Beard oil (cloves and citrus).

I've gotten lots of compliments on how I smell, and zero negative feedback. Though the people who don't like cologne at all probably just avoid me without saying a word. I'm ok with that.

Very interesting thread!

For me personally, cologne is less of the key scent in a dance partner. Things like shower gel scent seems to be more attractive for me. I love it when a dance partner smells fresh!

snapdancer

Way way back in the original post for this thread, the following question was posed:
"Ladies, how do you feel about your dance partners wearing cologne?"
1. Love it!
2. Like it, but not a must.
3. Don't especially like it, but it's OK if they do.
4. Hate it! DON'T DO IT!​

Cologne/perfume is a tricky thing. Something that smells pleasant to one person may smell terrible to another. I know a guy who nearly fainted after a tanda with one woman whose perfume had a lily as a basenote - in his culture lily is a funeral flower and he recently buried his aunt, so the smell evoked a very powerful emotion that had nothing to do with dancing.
My own dance partner recently changed colognes and the new one smells sticky sweet and unpleasant to me - even a faint whiff is unpleasant!
Sometimes a guy wears a scent that is attractive for me which deepens the connection on the dance floor. Sometimes the scent is pleasant but way too strong and I end up smelling it on my skin way after the tanda had ended - not a good thing. So many variables... and they all define our experiences on the dance floor. Our sense of smell is more acute than we give ourselves credit for - sometimes we are attracted to someone or repulsed by him seemingly without a reason and smell often is the underlying reason for it, even if the guy doesn't smell of BO or overwhelmingly of a cologne. You can't predict nor please everyone. So I'd say - stick with what you feel comfortable with and just be yourself.

Dance Ads