Real Salsa Dancers, Players, and Sexy Moves

yola said:
guys guys, always rushing, straight to your 'goal'. when will you learn? a girl has to be warmed up a little...
the fun of traveling is not so much in reaching your destination, but enjoying the road you take, including sidetracks etc...
"Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help..." Sorry, I've this Elvis' song stuck in my head.

That might be seen as a weakness of not just men, but women as well. Don't be too hasty, but don't be overly cautious either. In the former you've too little information and hence you're vulnerable, in the latter you're not satisfied with no matter how much information you may have and you become less graceful. The right path lies in between the two.

I agree that traveling is not so much about reaching the destination, but if the weather gets bad, I would rather get to the destination sooner. Sorry, I'm just being a jerk. I concur with your analogy, yola.

africana said:
Just came across this article by Edie the Salsa Freak

http://www.dancefreak.com/stories/relationships.htm

boy that's some messed up *** about male and female players, I'm appalled but not extremely shocked

But I really like the last page (page 9)
Relationship needs constant care and nurture to sustain, whether between dancers or non-dancers. It's a hard but not impossible job for those who're open and willing to take on the task. There are so much insecurity which poisons trust; one's trust for oneself and to one's loved ones. We believe that we fall in love and then get married, but I think real love starts a few years after marriage, if you haven't given up already.

yola said:
kdogg said:
but if the weather gets bad, I would rather get to the destination sooner.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
what about an umbrella?
wise men (and women) travel prepared. :wink:
We can prepare to some degree, but we may never go into a relationship fully prepared. Even if we're given hundreds of years to live, we still will have a lot more to learn. What relationship has to offer is the opportunity to learn and explore together the mystery of life. We discover and understand each other better as we face each day joyfully regardless of what it brings; there's always reason to be joyful for. The best tool we can equip ourselves to take this journey of love is our willingness and eagerness to grow in love. Thirsty hearts will always seek the fountain of love.

jon said:
Sagitta said:
So what do u have before that, those first few years?
Sex, hopefully.

... and all kinds of confrontations, small crisis which are constantly testing your (hopefully) growing love.
You've just fallen "in love", which is not the same. Love changes after the first years of being together, and gets the sape of a strong partnership, "for good and bad", as it's heard very often.

PS: I also want to see the famous video. Who has a copy I can post in my site (with the authors permission) for the use of all?

Ok, I keep looking at that avatar trying to think of something to say. :lol:

Since I can't think of anything I'll simply say:

Welcome to DF, Kandy!

You need to remember you dancing to have fun ...if you want to get more technical thats up to and and or your partner. A person can get Sexy in any style of dancing.

If your looking to perform or Compete.that's a whole new ball game.

Dance Ads