Red Marabo Gown for Sale

lynn

do you check what the latest "ballroom trend" is? or do you just buy the dress that looks the nicest (within reasonable price range, of course)

Katarzyna

I buy what I like... I usually assume I have a decent taste... I also buy dresses I think will be easy to resell (although the yellow with flower is unique enough that it might not be easy to sell)... i.e.. not too expensive. Anything over 1500 is almost impossible to sell..

lynn

The yellow dress is exquisite too, but i agree, it's so unique that maybe not everyone can pull it off. But i think with you modelling the dress, you can really boost your chance of selling it :wink:!

P.S. is $1500 expensive in terms of ballroom gowns?? I remember seeing gowns that are 2K or even 3K :shock:!

Katarzyna

I mean something you want to sell used at 1500 if you buy it for over 2k or even more... GOwns can go really high up there, but selling anything for 1500 is nearly impossible.. So if you bet a gown for 3.5 K, you will likely take 2k loss.. not always... but a lot of times... So getting gowns you can resell for less than 1500 makes sense.

Twilight_Elena

The dresses you wear are beautiful, Katarzyna. And you're just my size! Evil! :lol:
I was wondering if the best solution for a low budget competitor is renting. After all, you don't wear the dresses in more than 2-3 comps each time.

Twilight Elena

Katarzyna

Well, I would be willing to rent my dress out, someone locally probably for 150 if shipping is involved no less than 200 for a week... I like owning my dresses because I worry that if anything happens to them, I don't owe anything... I ususally don't loose much on my gowns because i find reasonable deals adn sell for reasonable price so if average rental is 175 I believe it would be over 500 to rent a dress 3 times...

Dance Ads