Selling a ballroom gown for a friend...

Katarzyna

Beautiful Choice gown. was a sponsored dress of Katusha Demidova. Gold and black. Best for someone 5'9 and above... Good condition. Asking price 1100...

lynn

mamboqueen said:
Horizontal stripes below the waistline is taboo for me. Not crazy about this dress....
why not?? it flares out so it should be fine, right?? But seriously, i like Kat's white dress better.... hope she'll get a closed shot like this one!

ACtenDance

I just watched two videos I have that have her wearing that dress - MIT03 and 2003 Yankee. It's a really striking dress on the floor. I thoroughly recommend it!

Katarzyna

Actually, this dress was purchased from Katya by Alexes ex partner. It is actually quite stunning on the floor. And the skirt has a great movement.

Katarzyna

This one is not mine, this one is for a friend... I hope mine sells though. I have a lot of interest, but it's tough since most people are not in NY and it's tough for them to try it on...

wyllo

I had a much easier time selling my latin dress by allowing a return if it didn't fit. I just required the potential buyer pay me by paypal up front and offered to refund the money (minus escrow) if the dress did not fit. Luckily she kept the dress, but I think having that option greatly helped the sale.

I love this dress btw. Often bold fabrics can be distracting, but this dress stands out in a great way. Choice is up there as my favorite dress designer -- anyone know if they have a website? The one I found for them on google doesn't seem to be operational.

Katarzyna

I don't think choice has a site. I find selling more expensive gowns can be a problem even if yo uallow returns...

I am not sure, but I think choice no longer has a site. Not sure they exist anymore actually. I know that Edda Hshu (the company that made my blue gown) owns or owned choice... Not sure if not there is only Edda and no choice, or if there are both around....

wyllo

Huh, interesting. When you search for Choice a company named Marabo also comes up as having some sort of partnership with them. I guess Edda Hsu could own the co. name and separate business under it? So hard to tell with how convoluted business structures can get.

Dance Ads