Seventh Annual Boston University Terrier Dancesport Competition

you mean that Rumba... When the Sun is Warm Here On The Beach thing...blah blah blah.

Yes, kept getting requests to hear it last weekend.

Cuando Caliente El Sol by Talya Ferro

BM

Dear Dave,

BU Ballroom <3s you.

Love,
BM & BU Ballroom

Oh, and a special thanks from couple #104 for the song in the semifinal (Or final? Can't keep track - weekend was too long . . .) of Bronze Jive ;)

BM

Photos!

Marvin Moore, the photographer at the event, is posting photos from the event as I type (quite literally: every time I reload the page, new photos are up)! Check them out here:

http://pics.marvinmoorephoto.com/Ballroom/462324

Here's his contact info if you're interested in purchasing any photos. He did a wonderful job this weekend.

Phone: 253.737.8835
Email: info @ marvinmoorephoto . com

any idea on why the photographer only posted photos of certain couples? I followed the link above, but what loaded was a page of photo galleries of photos of 45 couples. Any idea what happened to all the rest? or were those all he took for some reason?

No offense meant. Russell seemed concerned about the song, and even said something to the effect of "hold on to your partner for dear life" during that round and "getting sympathy from the judges". I am certain that I have experienced slower Am VWs at other comps before, but not having a built-in tempo detector inside me, I cannot say what it was.
and123, I wasn't competing that weekend and was just there watching, but I remember hearing that song too... don't remember specifically which song it was, but I too thought it was an international speed. I recall being very glad I wasn't on the comp floor for that song in smooth. (it did seem fast even when just focusing on the beat and not the song itself) Aside from that one song though, I thought the music that weekend was wonderful! David, you always play wonderful music, and I always enjoy listening for the great new songs you find.... (like that amer. V. waltz from last year's gold or open final at BU.... can't remember which....though I bet NielsenE will remember, lol)

and123

I believe it was from a Harry Potter soundtrack (not an HP worshipper myself, but heard excited rumblings from the other people in the on-deck area).

BM

any idea on why the photographer only posted photos of certain couples? I followed the link above, but what loaded was a page of photo galleries of photos of 45 couples. Any idea what happened to all the rest? or were those all he took for some reason?
I think that it was for privacy reasons. Unless competitors signed a guest list (or something to that effect), their photos would not be posted online. Competitors that would like to see their photos online should contact him via the information posted on his site.

BM

I believe it was from a Harry Potter soundtrack (not an HP worshipper myself, but heard excited rumblings from the other people in the on-deck area).
And yes, it was. The original version is about 60mpm. I don't specifically remember wondering about that song at the time, but then again, I had a whole bunch of other things on my mind. ;)

Dance Ads