sexy salsa teacher

Sagitta

hopelessly_addicted said:
Twilight_Elena said:
Heh. I like to correct Sobrero's english. It's a habit, don't bother. :p
My teacher once said something I've found out to be very true. "Almost all guys (and she was mostly talking about young guys) want to dance. They are just too shy to admit it."
With the above in mind, I tried the usual pleading with my own brother. "Pleeeease, just a tiny bit of rumba, it won't hurt you, etc". He was, of course, ignoring me. Then I bribed him :p I exchanged some dancing with burning him a CD. It worked like a charm, and we did some dancing for an hour. Rumba, salsa, a little bit of waltz.
Psssst, don't tell him that, but he reacted much better than he should have if it was just the CD he was after! :wink: :wink: :D Gotcha!
Twilight Elena
That is so cool to have a sibling who can dance with u!

I read somewhere that, because Milton and James Cobo brothers had each other to practise with and give/receive feedback without the consideration of ego problem, they were invaluable in their progress when they were learning... :D I'm not sure if they really practised with each other though? Cracks me up trying to imagin :lol: I find 2 men dancing salsa with each other rather funny.. especially two very well built guys dancing..
Not for me, though. Yesterday night this guy did a bachata for half a song with me and this other girl. :oops: I admit I'm sick of the same songs being played so look for my thrills elsewhere. I hardly ever do merengue to merengue songs - doing cha cha, bachata....for reaggaeton I do cha cha, bachata, salsa...for salsa I just bang my head against the wall.

I read somewhere that, because Milton and James Cobo brothers had each other to practise with and give/receive feedback without the consideration of ego problem, they were invaluable in their progress when they were learning... :D I'm not sure if they really practised with each other though? Cracks me up trying to imagin :lol: I find 2 men dancing salsa with each other rather funny.. especially two very well built guys dancing..
I have two male friends who dance together for demos etc and they always pull a crowd - they're hilarious and really play up to the comical side of things - in fact they won the couples competition at the Pontins weekender last year!! :lol:

MacMoto

Claire_Brummell said:
I have two male friends who dance together for demos etc and they always pull a crowd - they're hilarious and really play up to the comical side of things - in fact they won the couples competition at the Pontins weekender last year!! :lol:
Yup, it's not that unusual to find two men dancing salsa together at clubs and congresses -- and they are often very advanced male dancers women fight over for a dance (what a waste :evil: :roll: :lol: :lol: ).

The funniest male-male salsa dancing I've ever seen was Al Espinoza leading Nelson Flores (or was it the other way round? I can't remember). They were playing up to the crowd that gathered around them and really went for an OTT comic display -- a show-off alpha-salsero leading a styling queen. It was hilarious!

MacMoto said:
Claire_Brummell said:
Yup, it's not that unusual to find two men dancing salsa together at clubs and congresses -- and they are often very advanced male dancers women fight over for a dance (what a waste :evil: :roll: :lol: :lol: ).

The funniest male-male salsa dancing I've ever seen was Al Espinoza leading Nelson Flores (or was it the other way round? I can't remember). They were playing up to the crowd that gathered around them and really went for an OTT comic display -- a show-off alpha-salsero leading a styling queen. It was hilarious!
:lol: I can imagine how funny it would have been!! Al Espinoza seems like a such a funny guy... would LOVE to see all these guys in personal...

hey it seems like a lack of good leads is a universal thing? I don't really hear so much complaint that there arent enough followers :roll:

hmm we are way off the topic I think :wink:

pygmalion said:
Twilight_Elena said:
:eyebrow:
Erhm. First of all, Sobrero, please stop using all those exclamation marks. It hurts me eyes.
Secondly (and we've talked about this before so I really don't see why the fuss) your brother is just a normal teen. He's got friends who will make fun of him. Of course he's being a bloody idiot, what else is new? Your tactics are wrong. You're trying too hard the wrong way. Ask me about my own strategy with my bro and I'll explain.
Twilight_Elena said:
P.s Sobrero: Manhood? Manhood??? :shock: You meant masculinity. Remind me to get you Webster's for Christmas. :roll: :lol:

Just for the record, T_E, I had to scroll back to the middle of the previous page before I had any earthly idea of what you were talking about!!!! :wink: :lol:

It's not just an idiot brother thing (although I have an idiot brother too. Remind me to smack him on the head, just for fun, next time I see him. :twisted: :lol: ) It's an idiot man thing. A lot of men honestly think that dancing and masculinity don't go together. I wonder why their wives and girlfriends and sisters and moms can't convince them otherwise more often. But the sad truth is you can't make a guy believe anything he's not read to believe. Maybe a strategy of mentioning the male/female ratio in dance classes would work? :twisted: :lol:

(And just as an aside, your comment is noted -- manhood is a multi-purpose word. :shock: :lol: )

Ok I did a grammatical mistake so shoot me!! :wink:
Everybody understood what I was talking about so what's the problem :?: :?:

Sobrero

HF

MacMoto said:
I bid Super Mario leading Ismael Otero and then Louis Vasquez. Including all spectrum of lady styling you can think of. It was ... undescribable. People were short of p**ing their pants by laughing. :p

HF said:
I bid Super Mario leading Ismael Otero and then Louis Vasquez. Including all spectrum of lady styling you can think of. It was ... undescribable. People were short of p**ing their pants by laughing. :p
this was in zurich february, no? saw it too!! they were leading ismael 'on 1' as well...

HF

@ yola
Berlin last autumn. The congress was over and they fooled around at the last evening.

Maybe it is just me but I am mostly enjoying the evening after all the shows and workshops are done. Everybody is relaxed and just the freaks are left. After congresses I find it well worth to book the hotel one night more and take the next day off.

Dance Ads