sexy salsa teacher

pygmalion said:
squirrel said:
And is there a problem you guys have with Harlequin novels? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely no problem here. I think Mills and Boon (sp?) has been doing society a much-needed public service for decades. Say what you will, there will always be room in my world for escapist romantic fantasy. 8) :D
Sniff, Sniff! Are you forgetting the one and only (very pinkly dressed and accessorised!) Barbara Cartland? She was so good with her formula and prolific, I think she left something like 700 or 900 books to be published after her death? (If I remember correctly, she died in her 90s and possibly later, and was dictating text to her secretary up until then!)

pygmalion

Pacion said:
pygmalion said:
squirrel said:
And is there a problem you guys have with Harlequin novels? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely no problem here. I think Mills and Boon (sp?) has been doing society a much-needed public service for decades. Say what you will, there will always be room in my world for escapist romantic fantasy. 8) :D
Sniff, Sniff! Are you forgetting the one and only (very pinkly dressed and accessorised!) Barbara Cartland? She was so good with her formula and prolific, I think she left something like 700 or 900 books to be published after her death? (If I remember correctly, she died in her 90s and possibly later, and was dictating text to her secretary up until then!)
Yeah. But her books cost more. I not only want escapist fantasy. I want cheap escapist fantasy. :lol: :lol:

pygmalion

lily said:
pygmalion said:
What's a prat? A controlling, egocentric, alpha male? :roll: :lol:
No :D A prat is an idiot.
According to the online dictionary at princeton.edu, prat is, "buttocks: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on" Also known as arse (or pain therein?) So yeah. Idiot works, too. :lol: :lol:

pygmalion said:
lily said:
pygmalion said:
What's a prat? A controlling, egocentric, alpha male? :roll: :lol:
No :D A prat is an idiot.
According to the online dictionary at princeton.edu, prat is, "buttocks: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on" Also known as arse (or pain therein?) So yeah. Idiot works, too. :lol: :lol:
Really? :eek: Hehe! :lol:

Twilight_Elena

Harlequins are essential to a young adult's education. You get to learn phrases such as "her bosom heaved" or "'You will never get me, Tristan!' she cried". Now that's going to enrich Creative Writing courses.

Twilight Elena

:lol:

I hate Harlequin, in the sense that I never buy it! (Russian novels, South American writers and literature classics of Anglo-Saxon origin are far more interesting to me)... Harlequin - bleah!

I used to read such novels in an hour or so...

I watch telenovellas at times - does this count?

pygmalion said:
squirrel said:
I watch telenovellas at times - does this count?
Absolutely! I've never seen such unrealistic drivel. That's gotta count for something. :lol: :lol:
You should see the Korean dramas that are imported and the latest rage in Japan- the heroine is crying every 5 minutes. :roll:

pygmalion

They're hilarious good fun. I watch the Mexican ones that are totally spoken in Spanish. So I catch a word here and there, but for the most part have no clue what they're actually saying.

The acting is so predictable and overblown, even I know what's going on the whole time. It's a hoot to watch. :lol: :lol: 8)

pygmalion said:
The acting is so predictable and overblown, even I know what's going on the whole time. It's a hoot to watch. :lol: :lol: 8)
:? At best, you could miss for six weeks and still know what is going on.

At worst, you could miss five seasons, an still know what is going on/what went on :? :lol:

Dance Ads