sexy salsa teacher

i think this sexy salsa teachers happen everywhere
those of you who remember me posting something on this a while ago ive surpassed the sexyness of the teacher and now i just enjoy every dance :wink:

Twilight_Elena

Danoo said:
those of you who remember me posting something on this a while ago ive surpassed the sexyness of the teacher and now i just enjoy every dance :wink:
Way to go, Danoo! :D :D
For those unlucky souls who have gone senile because of old age (poor, poor people :p 8) ), this thread was about a sexy salsa teacher who was and is hitting on IsabellaCruella. We gave her all the advice we could, realised she's capable of defending her own interests and hijacked the thread. It is now the latest rage about Harlequins and mexican soaps.
Any other questions?

Twilight Elena

MacMoto

Danoo said:
Good to see you back, Danoo! :D

Hey - I posted this on another thread - and then realised it's actually more relevant to this one so thought I'd copy it across - apologies to those who've seen it twice now!

I have something to add to this based on a recent experience of mine.

I recently started dancing at a new club and asked one of the guys there to dance. Now I have very few inhibitions when it comes to dancing - as far as I'm concerned, the dance is just that - whatever happens between two people in a dance remains on the dancefloor. Yes I've had dances that have given me that spark of excitment that normally comes from flirting etc. But if it's anything more than that then that will proceed off the dancefloor, not on it. Anyway the guy I asked to dance was....very....full on to say the least the way I described it to a friend (not to be too crude, but it was the only way I could think to describe it) was it was as close to being sh@gged (please let me know if our non-english friends need a translation - but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out!! :wink: ) on the dancefloor as I've ever come - it was an incredibly sexually charged dance. I thought, you know what I'm just going to go with this - to give the dance and the music justice - I went for it and completely let myself go (not in a cheap way, just playing up to my partner, tasteful but making the most of a very sexy dance) - all the time I was thinking, I'll go along with this AS LONG AS IT IS ONLY A DANCE - if I think he's going too far or that there's more to it then I'll have to back off.

It was one of the most enjoyable dances I've ever had - and at the end unlike most people who give you a hug or a kiss for a great dance, this guy merely kept a respectful distance, tapped me on the arm and thanked me for a great dance.

For both of us it was about the dance, pure and simple - it was fun, frantic and fantastic - it was sexy because the dance and the music were - not because there was anything between us like that and it was great.

Just wanted to put the point across that you can dance like this and enjoy it for what it is without it being anything more than that and to be honest with none of the emotional rubbish that goes with it - it's often far better this way!!

I think we've all been there where the lines have crossed either in our minds or in reality and it can get very confusing. I absolutely think that people who have a passion for dancing can and do find passion with others who share their love for salsa (or any other kind of dancing for that matter) but I think that if something comes of it that it needs to happen off the dancefloor rather than on it - because it is easy to misinterpret the signs when you're dancing so intimately with someone. It's only when you're out of that situation that you get to be a bit more objective about it!! (Oh and it's not just guys - there are a lot of women who do this too!)

To be honest, I think that the newer you are to the scene the more likely you are to misinterpret things - because in a salsa club things work so differently to the 'outside world' - it is so easy to see things in a different way. I went to a non-salsa club on Saturday night (sacrilige, I know) with a non-salsa buddy of mine. We were dancing and having fun and there were a group of lads there who we got talking to - I had a bit of a boogie next to where they were and made some small talk with one of them who seemed a bit left out - generally had a good night. Anyway, my friend and I after a visit to the loos decided we'd had enough and were going to go. The guy I'd chatted to came and found me as I was getting my coat and said to me "Hang on - I thought I was coming home with you?" - I was STUNNED - not only had I barely danced with him - merely near where he was standing and encouraged him to dance a bit, I'd asked him two questions - what's your name and what do you do - I'd left without even bothering to say goodbye and somehow he'd taken this to be an invitation to a night of passion with me?! I had to laugh to myself - thinking back to the dance I mentioned before at the salsa club - comparably the two aren't even close - and yet Mr regular club thought he was well in, and Mr salsa club didn't even ask my name...!!!

I think that this just highlights the differences between the salsa and 'real' worlds and the mental shift people need to make when entering a salsa club - the longer you've been in the salsa world, the more you understand it and the less likely you are to mis-read people's intentions.

Either way a good rule of thumb is if they're interested, and you are, that there's nothing wrong with it - BUT if they are interested they'll follow up with you off the dancefloor and in a non-salsa environment AS WELL as on the dancefloor. If the only contact / connection you have is when dancing then the chances are then that's all there is to it....(and if they're married in any circumstance I'd keep your distance in any other way than dancing - you're likely to open up a can of worms, and you more than anyone are likely to get hurt - if the lines start to blur, then simply stay away!!)

JMHO

Claire xx

MacMoto said:
Danoo said:
Good to see you back, Danoo! :D
thank you very much
oh and by the way
its been over a year since i started!! :D :D

Twilight_Elena

Claire, it's a typical phenomenon. Dancers know that a dance is a dance and nothing else. Non-dancers believe that a dance means "I like you, am sexually attracted to you and woud like to sleep with you". It's nasty when it happens. No person who is not a dancer can understand that. That's why I have been avoiding salsa clubs, but that's another issue altogether.

Twilight Elena

Sagitta

Then you should come over and danec with me. I'll point al the nasties to avoid and you'll have plenty of great dances with the ones who know what dancing is all about. :wink: :)

Twilight_Elena said:
Claire, it's a typical phenomenon. Dancers know that a dance is a dance and nothing else. Non-dancers believe that a dance means "I like you, am sexually attracted to you and woud like to sleep with you". It's nasty when it happens. No person who is not a dancer can understand that. That's why I have been avoiding salsa clubs, but that's another issue altogether.

Twilight Elena
Ouch! Can you go with some friends and hang out together to avoid the nasties? Strength in numbers?

Twilight_Elena

Oh, my club avoiding is a relatively new thing. I've never been to clubs, always at practice parties where the whole thing is securely cloistered, in a way. I just don't feel ready for clubs, that's all.

Twilight Elena

Twilight_Elena said:
Oh, my club avoiding is a relatively new thing. I've never been to clubs, always at practice parties where the whole thing is securely cloistered, in a way. I just don't feel ready for clubs, that's all.

Twilight Elena
It's a completely different scene- nothing like practice parties at studios- it's the real world of salsa! Lots of great people who dance various styles using different techniques & you can become a more versatile dancer dancing with these people! If this issue is slimy guys, than you are being paranoid. It is not that big of a problem and if you select the proper club(ask the dancers where THEY go) you will most likely be able to avoid the pick-up joints. Also, having a male friend to go out & dance with keeps strange guys away.

pygmalion said:
Or maybe their salsa scene or the clubs they've tried aren't friendly? There are some pretty cliquish places out there. :?
Sure there are. There are some pretty cliquish studio parties as well. (I've been to my fair share of those and have noticed snobbery that equals that of club-going snobs!) To expose oneself to a variety of venues, whether it be clubs, congresses, salsa festivals or even beach bashes, one is only going to widen one's horizons.

TE, someday you'll feel ready for the club scene and you'll enjoy it. At your age I used to go to non partner dancing clubs, not very often though. I wouldn't do that anymore. (ok, I did it twice last year, because it was supposed to be a "bond-experience" with my ex-collegues. They never came to a salsa evening - that much about the long lasting bond experience...)

Hi everybody!!!
You will have to understand that both Elena and I are from Greece!
Unfortunately in Greece dancing, and especially salsa, is not very popular. :(
in that way there are not many salsa clubs and it is a bit difficult to find a good club, where other dancers know how it is and won't misinterprent your intentions :(
It is even worse when you are male than when you are female! I have a twin brother and I have tried to persuade him to come with me, just for one night, to see why I love dancing so much!! :) :)
However, he has this incredibly ridiculous idea that every male that chooses to learn how to dance must be homosexual!!!
Every time that I hear him say the same thing I get furious!!!
Any advice on how I can change his mind??

Sobrero

Sobrero said:
You will have to understand that both Elena and I are from Greece!
Unfortunately in Greece dancing, and especially salsa, is not very popular. :(
Right - if that's the case then if you're interested I'll let you guys know when we're doing our next salsa holiday and give you the information about it - we always go to a variety of clubs, and we go as a group so you have the 'safety in numbers' thing - plus you'll have a friend there in me who will do my utmost to make sure the experience is enjoyable! :D If you go with friends the experiece can be fantastic - we go to clubs where we've been before and we dance with all levels from total beginners to advanced... :D

Sobrero said:
However, he has this incredibly ridiculous idea that every male that chooses to learn how to dance must be homosexual!!!
Every time that I hear him say the same thing I get furious!!!
Any advice on how I can change his mind??
You might not be able to 'change his mind' but you can educate him - one way would be to take him and introduce him to men who dance and let him see that it's simply not true - also the fact that in salsa then man is 'taking control' and leading is very masculine.

To be honest it sounds like he's insecure. If he was secure and comfortable in his own sexuality he wouldn't need to worry about it. It's like a comment that I make about pink shirts - it either takes someone very gay, or very straight to wear one - because they don't care what people think - they know where they're at. Anyone who was unsure or insecure about how they were perceived wouldn't for fear of judgement.

All I have to say from a woman's point of view - a man who can get on the dance floor, take control and make me feel like a woman - THAT's a real man, be they gay, straight or otherwise.

Claire_Brummell said:
All I have to say from a woman's point of view - a man who can get on the dance floor, take control and make me feel like a woman - THAT's a real man, be they gay, straight or otherwise.
I couldn't aggre more with that Claire!!! :wink: :wink:
This is a great definition of manhood!!!!!
I will try to persuade him to meet some of the males I have met through dancing and hope for the best! :)
Thanks for the advice!!! :)

To be completely honest I really do not care what he thinks!
I love dancing! In fact the world "love" is not strong enough to describe how I feel :banana: :bouncy:

Sobrero

Sobrero said:
Thanks for the advice!!! :)

To be completely honest I really do not care what he thinks!
I love dancing! In fact the world "love" is not strong enough to describe how I feel
You're welcome - and good for you - I'm glad you don't care what he thinks...and I'm in complete agreement on how you feel about dancing - I can't get enough of it!! :D

Dance Ads