• All the time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occassionally

• What are they?

• Total voters
Lita_rulez said:
You can not expect someone who has never danced before salsa to get on the dance floor and burst into an amazing shine that seems rooted in the music, and that looks like his body is wired a diffrent way then yours.
You can't give somebody boxing gloves and expect him to stand against Ali.
You can't lace up your jump shoes and expect to take on M.J. just because Nike said to "just do it"

Sure, once in a while, you will happen on a "natural", somebody who is so gifted, that he actually can pick up things just by looking at people doing it in front of him, and then incorporate it and reproduce it.

But for the average Joe (the vast majority of us) out there, there needs to be a base to build on.
Thank you, thank you, for putting my thoughts into words so well! I think I feebly tried to express this earlier (this thread? another thread? Doesn't matter.)

=)
Melissa

mellody43 said:
Thank you, thank you, for putting my thoughts into words so well! I think I feebly tried to express this earlier (this thread? another thread? Doesn't matter.)

=)
Melissa
:oops:

Want to know womething spooky ?

It is precisely your post with the analogy Salsero/Jazzman that motivated me to post here !

So you are more then welcome, since you are basicaly the reason for these words :wink:

Lita_rulez said:
mellody43 said:

=)
Melissa
:oops:

Want to know womething spooky ?

It is precisely your post with the analogy Salsero/Jazzman that motivated me to post here !

So you are more then welcome, since you are basicaly the reason for these words :wink:

hehehe! How funny!

I think an extension of our thoughts here is that people who dance/"shine" really well make it look like they are completely organic -without any training behind it. Really, how likely is that to be the actual case? :)

Melissa

HMM..TOO LONG TO READ ALL THAT MANY PAGES.

SIMPLY PUT:

I LUV SHINES!

2 BEERS DOWN, FEELING THE MUSIC, MAKE IT UP SHINES ALONG THE WAY AND BUST A MOVE! KICK UP THAT SUSIE Q PLUS A NOCH, DO A LIL MAMBO AROUOND THE CLOCK AND SHAKE MY BELLY LEFT SHAKE MY BELLY RIGHT (THAT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN U R TOO BUZZ TO MOVE THAT RIB CAGE OF YOURS :p )

*blinks at the smileys* Hey! Between Sabor, you (Squirrel), and me, we've started a mini-mulitiplication table with the smilies!

Sabor=2
Me=4
Squirrel=8

...*blinks again* Only a Geek like me would notice that! :mrgreen:

SK :kitty:

where i dance salsa i am like the shine lady, i constantly get ppl coming up to me like

"you know that shine you did earlier....can u teach me that?"

unfortunately most of the time i dont remember what i did earlier because i was just doing what the music told me to do, but i do give them some advice, this is what got me fluent in shines.

Learn a few long shines, where a couple of shines are threaded together. so you know like maybe 3 or 4 mini routines, practice these non stop. if im not dancing with a guy, im doing shines on my own in the club. when i first started i did the set shines over and over, shine 1,2,3,4 and repeat. even though i knew the shines i usually couldnt do it when it came to dancing with the guy cos he was doing all this fancy stuff and all i could do was a suzie q. then one day i knew the shines so well that they just came out without me thinking and the guy stopped dancing he was like :shock: then i still kept doing my shines maybe replacing one with a new one and then one day when i went to do a shine, my own shine came out....a different combination of the moves i knew so well!! and eventually shines just became something as easy as a CBL..

well thats my 2cents :D

Dance Ads