Slavik interupts Sergey and Melia

sambanada

It was cute when they did that with Stefano Di Filippo during Rumba at the UK Open "by accident", but now it seems like it is a trend with Slavik.

dlgodud

Haha...... That was a funny video. It seems that Slavik and Anna decided to flirt with everyone on the floor. Carmen looks gorgeous in the red dress. :p

latingal

mmm...it looks as if Slavik got "trapped" by a circling Sergey after separating from Anna, don't think he got in to it intentionally.

Poor Anna. I felt so bad for her! You can just read her expression, from the way she shakes her head, then her slight pause while Slavik was being a jerk (like what was she going to do, interact with a non-existent partner?), to the way she didn't even take the hand Slavik offered at the end. I really like Slavik, but that wasn't cool :(

samina

Slavik was being a jerk (like what was she going to do, interact with a non-existent partner?), to the way she didn't even take the hand Slavik offered at the end. I really like Slavik, but that wasn't cool :(
did you see how seemed to just overshoot or get caught in between the other couple? i could be wrong but didn't look on purpose to me at all... i just had the impression he made do best he could. he can't just stop dancing...

I guess what made me not give him the benefit of the doubt was that he could've stepped to the left of Sergey and Melia (I mean, he could clearly see where they were), mostly avoiding them, but his focus seemed intentionally towards the back of Melia. He probably did get trapped, but was just enjoying himself a few bars too many, even gave Melia the hip bump! Could be my overreaction, but I guess I was really bummed for Anna!

latingal

ah, but do remember Anna took quite a while when she/they bumped in to Stefano in the last chapter of this play, to me it looked like Slavik just played along graciously in that instance.

and, perhaps we should refrain from calling anyone a "jerk" here, gets a bit too close to our guidelines about no name calling. thanks!

mmm...it looks as if Slavik got "trapped" by a circling Sergey after separating from Anna, don't think he got in to it intentionally.
Hmmmm... He went right towards her (melia). And I am sure that these pros are pretty familiar with each other's routines.. Especially couples like Sergey and Melia who have been together, dancing these routines for a while. I am quite certain this wasn't an accident. And I agree that it will get old fast. He did it when he danced with Hanna too. Anna and Sergey did not look too pleased.

I used to figure skate and we would all remember the routines of the skaters with whom we trained. We wouldn't remember the routines exactly, but we would know where the skater was headed during certain points of the music. It prevents you from getting in someone's way while they are doing run-throughs. I would assume that dancing (esp with these top pros) is similar and that all these pros are somewhat familiar with key points in each other's routines. So they can choose to avoid each other, or choose to play with each other.. My measly $.02...

dlgodud

Well, I just thought Slavik did it intentionally, but not maliciously. He was just flirting with someone else's partner. It's very hard to see the scence as an accident.
Melia did it with Slavik too during 2008 uk. I believe it was Samba and she was blocking Slavik and Hanna. Then, Sergey pointed his finger to Melia and she shrugged off.

Me

Well, I wasn't there... But I'm watching the video that somebody posted. Based on this little snip, he appears to dump his partner to hijack the other couple's performance. I don't see anything funny about it? :confused:

Dance Ads