Smelly excercise clothes

Any tips on how to get rid of unpleasant odours in sportswear? I cant was them in high temperature and the stink of sweat is just not coming off... Ive tried a few tips I found googling but no luck so far.

RiseNFall

Any tips on how to get rid of unpleasant odours in sportswear? I cant was them in high temperature and the stink of sweat is just not coming off... Ive tried a few tips I found googling but no luck so far.
I have had really good luck leaving stinky clothes outside… just don't leave them flat on something or the wildlife will decide that they should be used as a litter box. :eek:

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
have to say, if I can't get smell out after 2 heavy duty washes with tide, downy AND bleach...well, it's going in the trash

FancyFeet

Sounds odd, but vodka also works. Put vodka in spray bottle (adding to shot glass and applying internally = optional), spray on smelly clothes, then hang to air.

Follow by a regular wash, to which you can add a cup of baking soda for extra deodorizing power.

3wishes

My husband works out 2x a day,,hard. Vodka is a necessary evil in our house for his smelly clothing, Febreze is wonderful for my own self-protection and fresh Vinegar, not a bottle that has been sitting in the pantry for awhile.
And I also add Borax or Ammonia for wash loads.

My husband works out 2x a day,,hard. Vodka is a necessary evil in our house for his smelly clothing, Febreze is wonderful for my own self-protection and fresh Vinegar, not a bottle that has been sitting in the pantry for awhile.
And I also add Borax or Ammonia for wash loads.
Funny - I don't even keep my white vinegar in the pantry anymore. For the ~1x a year I need it for cooking, I have to go to the laundry room for my gallon jug (I use wine vinegars such as balsamic, red wine, and white balsamic much more frequently)

3wishes

My smelly, CLOTHING, t-shirts, pants, socks, shoes, get the picture...from 8 days of walking, running, walking fast and faster at the Texas Motor Speedway last week,,,arrived in the suitcase...friends lugged it home in their car....yeah, well,,,opening the suitcase was basically taking my life in my own hands...EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW P-U to the hilt. Dumped the whole contents into the washer immediately, added everything I could and more. GOOD LORD. rofl.

Dance Ads