Snow

DancePoet said:
Keep the car. It will be usuful to get out of the city occasionally. :)
It's probably cheaper to rent one a weekend per month or so. Though I should check what the rates are here before I act on that assumption.

The upcomming NDCA comp down here that I'm aware of is in Stamford, CT... which is enough of a suburb to be on the train. Still, I'm unlikely to go for reasons that are more preparation-(im)practical than political or location related.

DancePoet

Chris Stratton said:
DancePoet said:
Keep the car. It will be usuful to get out of the city occasionally. :)
It's probably cheaper to rent one a weekend per month or so. Though I should check what the rates are here before I act on that assumption.

The upcomming NDCA comp down here that I'm aware of is in Stamford, CT... which is enough of a suburb to be on the train. Still, I'm unlikely to go for reasons that are more preparation-(im)practical than political or location related.
Yep, I might not be able to make this either. My comp aprtner can't commit because of two family members having major health issues, and my instructor is pregnant, and won't be able to do Pro/Am. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Isn't there another one in NY itself sometime between now and Yankee in June?

Looking through the NDCA calendar, in February there's the ISTD's Easter US Champs down in NJ, and then Ed Simon's New York Dance Festival here. In March there's another comp in Stamford, in April another somewhere "a 40 minute train ride" from the city.

Chris Stratton said:
jamaicanspice said:
they have the A/C so high in office building PLUS we've been getting some freakishly cold nights (and I work nights) that as of tomorrow I will have to start walking with the winter coat I bought when I was in New York :D :D and believe it or not I would have loved to be there to see allllll that snow fall.....it would have been my first true snow experience......the night it snowed when I was there no longer counts as it didn't even stay long enough on the ground....but one day.......ONE DAY!!! I shall see it in ALLLLLL its glory :D
If you ask real nice, I'll let you experience shoveling out my car for the low, low, rate of only $4.99 Act now and get a freezer container to take a commemorative sample of your first snow home with you!

(and yes, it's insane to have a car in NY city... but I don't want to get rid of it until I'm sure I'll have a job that's actually in the city or otherwise accessable)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DancePoet said:
jamaicanspice said:
Chris Stratton said:
jamaicanspice said:
I am SOOOOOOO vexed!!! :evil: :evil: can you beleive ALL THAT SNOW decided to hit AFTER I left New York!!!!! :x :x :x :x
Oh, go crawl inside an ice cream truck freezer for a few minutes and you'll be cured.
funny you should suggest that :D they have the A/C so high in office building PLUS we've been getting some freakishly cold nights (and I work nights) that as of tomorrow I will have to start walking with the winter coat I bought when I was in New York :D :D and believe it or not I would have loved to be there to see allllll that snow fall.....it would have been my first true snow experience......the night it snowed when I was there no longer counts as it didn't even stay long enough on the ground....but one day.......ONE DAY!!! I shall see it in ALLLLLL its glory :D
Ya need to plan a trip afta we have a big Nor'Easta! ;)
is that an invitation :D

DancePoet

jamaicanspice said:
DancePoet said:
jamaicanspice said:
Chris Stratton said:
jamaicanspice said:
I am SOOOOOOO vexed!!! :evil: :evil: can you beleive ALL THAT SNOW decided to hit AFTER I left New York!!!!! :x :x :x :x
Oh, go crawl inside an ice cream truck freezer for a few minutes and you'll be cured.
funny you should suggest that :D they have the A/C so high in office building PLUS we've been getting some freakishly cold nights (and I work nights) that as of tomorrow I will have to start walking with the winter coat I bought when I was in New York :D :D and believe it or not I would have loved to be there to see allllll that snow fall.....it would have been my first true snow experience......the night it snowed when I was there no longer counts as it didn't even stay long enough on the ground....but one day.......ONE DAY!!! I shall see it in ALLLLLL its glory :D
Ya need to plan a trip afta we have a big Nor'Easta! ;)
is that an invitation :D
Maybe if you showed me some salsa in the snow? ;)

DancePoet

jamaicanspice said:
then you have a date my friend :lol: I've always wanted to know what it would feel like to dance in the snow :lol: :lol: :wink:
Well ... finally a date with a DFer! Involving dancing in the snow!

Warning ... I know some mambo, but I'll need some lessons in converting this to Salsa. ;) :lol:

But if we are talking Waltz, or Foxtrot, or Tango ... ooh la la!

DancePoet said:
jamaicanspice said:
then you have a date my friend :lol: I've always wanted to know what it would feel like to dance in the snow :lol: :lol: :wink:
Well ... finally a date with a DFer! Involving dancing in the snow!

Warning ... I know some mambo, but I'll need some lessons in converting this to Salsa. ;) :lol:

But if we are talking Waltz, or Foxtrot, or Tango ... ooh la la!
well that's great!! because I don't know any mambo so we can teach each other :D as for the waltz, the foxtrot, the tango??? oh la la is RIGHT!!! :D :D

goddAMN i needed some salsa this evening, but couldn't propel myself to my regular sunday spot. it was just too cold, and i'd already been dancing all afternoon (latin) in spite of a week-old cold.

i miss it already. wah.

DancePoet

alemana said:
goddAMN i needed some salsa this evening, but couldn't propel myself to my regular sunday spot. it was just too cold, and i'd already been dancing all afternoon (latin) in spite of a week-old cold.

i miss it already. wah.
Looks like we are back on topic.

But Salsa can be done just as easily at home while the snow is falling outside and a warm fire is burning, soup is on the stove, and music is in the air! :)

tj

DancePoet said:
alemana said:

i miss it already. wah.

But Salsa can be done just as easily at home while the snow is falling outside and a warm fire is burning, soup is on the stove, and music is in the air! :)
Personally, I'm missing a few key ingredients when I'm snowed in at home... :wink:

yeah, i spent many months dancing in my living room before i was good enough to hit the clubs with any success.... i'm over that. i need a roomful of sweat-covered people and a booming sound system at least once a week, or i start to get antsy.

DancePoet

tj said:
DancePoet said:
alemana said:

i miss it already. wah.

Personally, I'm missing a few key ingredients when I'm snowed in at home... :wink:
Well ... if you are trying to do this by yourself, I'd say you are missing the most important ingredient. ;)

Dance Ads