So ... how was your dance weekend?

I finally went dancing last night! We had a Hawaiian Luau. It was really fun! I really enjoyed the Hawaiian dance, but I don't know what that's called. Does anyone know? I really picked up on it when she was teaching the class. I wish that they made that dance part of Ballroom! Oh that would be fun! Anyways, I almost forgot some steps that I had learned, because I had been away for so long. I did a couple dances really well, but for some of the others... I just sucked at. But at least I got out and danced again! I told myself I wasn't going to until I got my summer job, but I did have some lessons left on my punch card. So, I decided why not? Plus I had a cute Hawaiian outfit I hadn't worn for a couple of years. I'm so proud of me lol! ;)

Oh and I had forgotten how much I missed everyone! Everyone gave me a hug, and my instructor waited by the door for me and gave me a hug right before I walked in! It was really sweet! ;)

Phil Owl

waltzgirl said:
What was the song? I'm looking for unusual tango music.
Oddly enough, she wasn;t sure herself, she asked for my e-mail and said she would write once she found out. I'll keep you posted

I had a great time last night. I danced with a few dancers that are infinitely better than me, but I held my own; and I danced with a few who I know were once infinitely better than me, but now I may be drawing even with. Wonderful night! If only I had gotten more than 4.5 hours of sleep before I had to go to work this morning...

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
waltzgirl said:
What was the song? I'm looking for unusual tango music.
look into habanera by charlotte church...not everyone's cup of tea but interesting for a showcase and could easily turn into a rumba or a samba....but you have to like a bit of operatic drama in the first place...

I used to love Charlotte Church, then she went all famewhore "teehee, I'm a rebel, see? I'm smoking, and even dyed my hair and kissed an older boy". Ugh.

wooh

Phil, was it the tango from Shall We Dance? It seems like when I saw them perform that was what they used. But I might be remembering someone else. (Well, I know I saw one other couple use it, but it seems like that was what Ranier and Hannah used as well.) You can hear a clip of it (Santa Maria):
http: // www. amazon.com/gp/product/B0006213IU/sr=8-1/qid=1148272910/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-1353143-1826402?%5Fencoding=UTF8

PasoDancer said:
I used to love Charlotte Church, then she went all famewhore "teehee, I'm a rebel, see? I'm smoking, and even dyed my hair and kissed an older boy". Ugh.
I feel the same way that you do about Charlotte! She did a duet with Josh Groban and completely ruined the song. It was awful, because she had begun smoking by then and all of that stuff. I still am in love with Josh lol, but she ruined his song. He would have been better with someone else. ;)

great end to a fun weekend tonight, still smiling :)

highlight was having a pro (trained with Jayson Molina from PR) blurt out that I make him nervous! LOL me? make him nervous haha when I was trying to concentrate on following him "perfectly", you know, follow & style without looking like I'm trying hah I guess the diva-titude works lol

I've heard that from other guys before, but for some reason this one was more than flattering :p prolly cos he's positively smoking hot heehee...no no it's more cos he's a great dancer/mover (right, right) lol

jimmy anton's THIRTEENTH anniversary party with folks from EVERYWHERE in town and on point (well, trying to keep up, at least.... ;) )

the room was absolutely on fire, the floor slicker than usual, and the sidelines crammed with onlookers.

one highlight of many: watching my own salsa teacher perform and hearing - no, FEELING - the room erupt as she danced forward to take the spotlight.

I had a great weekend - it started Thursday night, I went out dancing and then I went out again Friday and Saturday night. When I wasn't dancing I was on my mountain bike going through a forest or at a friend's barbeque.

pygmalion

terremoto said:
I had a great weekend - it started Thursday night, I went out dancing and then I went out again Friday and Saturday night. When I wasn't dancing I was on my mountain bike going through a forest or at a friend's barbeque.
Sounds like a blast. :D

PasoDancer said:
Josh Groban is... *quiver*....

Ahem. Um.. yes. He's a nice fellow.

... rrrowwwrrr.
that guy got a voice. Can listen to him for hours on end. And a live performance ? Wow, amazing. No wonder his concerts sell out so fast. May his voice last forever....

*agree* that song with Charlotte C just doesn't do it for me.

We went dancing sunday afternoon and 15 minutes into the dance there was only 1 other person there. DJ was about ready to give us our money back and cancel the dance. Foretunately another 20 people trickled in over the next hour and we had a great time. It was a small crowd, but all of the people loved to dance and and stayed to the end. It was really fun. There was a good balance of between men and woman for those who did not come with a partner, so everyone had a great time.

cl5814 said:
that guy got a voice. Can listen to him for hours on end. And a live performance ? Wow, amazing. No wonder his concerts sell out so fast. May his voice last forever....

*agree* that song with Charlotte C just doesn't do it for me.
That's not the only reason why his concerts sell out fast!!! :raisebro:

Dance Ads