Songs to end a dance with

Ive been running Ballroom/Latin/swing dances. Right now I end my playlists with either Last Dance (Donna Summers) or Save the last dance for me (various singers). Any suggestions?

davedove

Ive been running Ballroom/Latin/swing dances. Right now I end my playlists with either Last Dance (Donna Summers) or Save the last dance for me (various singers). Any suggestions?
I know a lot of times ballroom dancers like to finish with a waltz, no matter what the title.

I will say though, if you have songs like the ones you listed, it just doesn't feel right if they're not the last dance.:cool:

And don't forget, Save The Last Dance For Me, a great American Rumba or fast Cha Cha, by Michael Bublé:

Oops, sorry, I see you mentioned that in your first post.

Try this one instead:

Time To Go, a waltz by Harry Connick, Jr:

Last edited:

cornutt

Back when I did some, I used to end the night with something moderately upbeat -- a cha-cha or bronze-tempo waltz, for instance. Then I'd have some "exit music", something slower and non-danceable, for people to listen to as they put on their street shoes and got ready to leave.

I always end my dances with an instrumental waltz, "Edelweiss"-- that's my signature last dance song. It puts everyone in a romantic, mellow mood.

I tried "I Had a Real Good Time" by Delbert McClinton but it's a two step and I don't think anyone paid as much attention to the lyrics as I did ("Just in case I don't ever see you again, I had a real good time...").
:)

I always end my dances with an instrumental waltz, "Edelweiss"-- that's my signature last dance song. It puts everyone in a romantic, mellow mood.

I tried "I Had a Real Good Time" by Delbert McClinton but it's a two step and I don't think anyone paid as much attention to the lyrics as I did ("Just in case I don't ever see you again, I had a real good time...").
:)
Since I plan a country two step lesson one week "I Had a Real Good Time"
would be perfect.

Dance Ads