Sweat concerns

So I dance 6 days a week, 4+hours per day. Long story short, I sweat a lot. Recently the aluminum in my anti perspirant deodorant has caused me concern about heavy metal build up and breast cancer. Are there any natural alternatives that actually work for a dancer, I've tried a couple that didn't work at all.

cornutt

Aluminum is not a "heavy metal"; metals like lead and cadmium are heavy metals. Nonetheless, allergic reactions to aluminum-bearing antiperspirants do happen. Probably, for that much dancing, your best bet is a good deodorant and taking an extra top or two. Cotton is one of the best moisture-absorbing fabrics, so wear a cotton top for practicing and lessons and save the fancy tops for occasions.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
bah...nothing works if you sweat that much...short of surgery ...and the people I know who have done that have been very very very sorry, because they fatigue and can't cool their bodies

bordertangoman

bah...nothing works if you sweat that much...short of surgery ...and the people I know who have done that have been very very very sorry, because they fatigue and can't cool their bodies
I had that when I first tried an anti-perspirant..horrible sensation.

alum stones work, i think they just kill the bacteria that makes sweat smell bad. I have been told that sodium -bicarbonate works too but never tried it.

http://www.crystalspring.co.uk/prod...rant-classic?gclid=CL3Yv8XS97YCFZMbtAodO2kArw

3wishes

there are natural products also listed on various web sites concerning people who sweat profusely in their daily life not just dancing, this may give you more options to check out as well, several items are, more than likely in your pantry. When i teach a downhill race clinic there is more than a fair share of all day swaeting going on, like larinda i do not want to stop the stop but i do not want to offend my students or their families either when the jacket comes off.

Dance Ads