Taxi dancers in the United States?

I got an interesting question from a student today. She is traveling in the US and was thinking about hiring a taxi dancer to accompany her to a milonga. She asked about how much that would cost. Has anyone hired one? How much did you pay? How much would you charge if you were to accept that gig?

Bailamosdance

By the hour, and not every dance, usually too at a 'ballroom social' only a percentage of the music played is danced. So, from 8-10pm, for example, includes bathroom breaks, water breaks, and no dancing to dances mutually agreed (salsa for instance, or Am style if the student is Intl)

I know of a local man who does that. I cannot recommend him though: in my opinion, he is a bad dancer.
Personally, I don't do that kind of work in milongas. However, I would advice a visitor on a local milonga scene, and, shall she(he) happen at the same milongas I go to, introduce her(him) to a number of people who might dance with her(him) -- for absolutely free.

ArbeeNYC

I got an interesting question from a student today. She is traveling in the US and was thinking about hiring a taxi dancer to accompany her to a milonga. She asked about how much that would cost. Has anyone hired one? How much did you pay? How much would you charge if you were to accept that gig?
Not sure since I've never asked but I've been told around $100/hr for an experienced professional (usually a local teacher). Out of curiosity, are there women taxi dancers?

Dance Ads