The Aussie dancer's thread

Yes I hope so too. Dancing has been the thing that has given it stability. My mother went it for surgery and did not survive. I say to people that I am normal on the outside but cant smile on the inside.

we could not train for a few weeks but we are now back into the swing of things

So sorry to hear this QPO. My Dad died recently too. My thoughts are with you.

QPO

thanks for your wishes.....things are getting better but am not back to normal self yet....we have been practicing hard.
But someone told me it take a long time if ever to get over the loss of a parent. The whole dynamics have changed, it would have been her birthday tomorrow so those feelings rise to the surface again.

I hope to have fond memories more than sad ones.

thanks for your wishes.....things are getting better but am not back to normal self yet....we have been practicing hard.
But someone told me it take a long time if ever to get over the loss of a parent. The whole dynamics have changed, it would have been her birthday tomorrow so those feelings rise to the surface again.

I hope to have fond memories more than sad ones.
I don't think you ever get over this loss either QPO. I lost my Mum some years ago and losing Dad made it even worse. Yet in another way, I feel they are together now. I still feel sad most days.

I am going to be in the Adelaide CBD area for a couple weeks in August (from the US). Are there any suggestions of a place where I might be able to either try to see about a couple lessons or practice to avoid getting rusty. I dance the Intl Standard style. Thanks.

Dance Ads