The Best Salsa Dancer in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
SDsalsaguy said:
Matrix said:
DancePoet... how's the running going?
Yeah, anyone want to take me up on my idea that we'll have a seperate set of voting for those on the list we've actually danced with? :D
I'd be willing to set this up. And Matrix, if you really do not want to be included as posted further back please let me know?
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
pygmalion said:
DancePoet said:
The trail of my posts may be long, yet if they are read, I was moderating. Perhaps I was mistaken, yet I'm glad you may not have been giving cheers to the trade of insults going on between Matrix and DancingMommy. ;) 8)
Uhh... DP? No offense, dude. 8) But I was a moderator long before you joined DF. I understand the line that I can't cross, communication-wise. And I'm staying on my side of it. I've also spent more than a few years taking business communication training in my other life, so I think I'm ready for this.

If you want to moderate me, please PM me. 8)

Seriously. I'm not trying to offend. I'm just saying that the messages that you seem to be intending to send are not quite being received as intended. But it's all good. 8) :D
No offense is taken. I feel comfortable in my moderation and my reply to your correction. Appreciate the understanding you seem to have shown, and if this is to be reviewed further, I suspect making it a pm could be best. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with our exchange as it stands. 8) :D

And by the way, thank you very much for the expression of hugs. :together:
 
DancePoet said:
SDsalsaguy said:
Matrix said:
DancePoet... how's the running going?
Yeah, anyone want to take me up on my idea that we'll have a seperate set of voting for those on the list we've actually danced with? :D
I'd be willing to set this up. And Matrix, if you really do not want to be included as posted further back please let me know?
yes, I don't wish to be included on the same list as Johnny Vazquez... it's so disrespectful, I think. Thank you DP.

and I think keeping score manually should be perfectly fine, but you guys figure that out... JV is the best anyhow.
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
And just so this post doesn't get lost, as they sometimes do at the bottom of a thread page, and because I have an additional comment, this is being reposted:

DancePoet said:
Matrix said:
you guys start the drama, I point it out and now I'm getting this treatment? :shock:

something doesn't add up right in there... I'm confused! :x

let's just drop it... yeah? that's the best option.

NOT another mention of it would be cool. Let's see how mature we really are.
This is could have been an acceptable post if it was not for the last sentence. If a moderator has suggested you cool it, continued interference in this manner is asking for action to be taken that could dissappoint you. Several moderators have already called for significant action to be taken Matrix. I have stalled this, but if this type of behaviour continues, then I will be taking their side, and frankly if my patience is eroded further the tenuous balance at best that exists currently will likely end, and action will be taken.
The additional comment: The "drama" started long before Pygmalion and I may have had some confusion, and hopefully for the sake of all involved it has come to an end. 8)
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
Matrix said:
DancePoet said:
SDsalsaguy said:
Matrix said:
DancePoet... how's the running going?
Yeah, anyone want to take me up on my idea that we'll have a seperate set of voting for those on the list we've actually danced with? :D
I'd be willing to set this up. And Matrix, if you really do not want to be included as posted further back please let me know?
yes, I don't wish to be included on the same list as Johnny Vazquez... it's so disrespectful, I think. Thank you DP.

and I think keeping score manually should be perfectly fine, but you guys figure that out... JV is the best anyhow.
Ok, I'll print the list one more time. If folks would like to add any additional names before I creat the poll, I'll hold off until somtime tommorrow around noon. Then I'll create the poll.

And I'll even take myself off the list since Vince A was not likely serious, and I'm not really a true Salsaholic anyway. ;)
 

SDsalsaguy

Administrator
Staff member
DancePoet said:
And I'll even take myself off the list since Vince A was not likely serious, and I'm not really a true Salsaholic anyway. ;)
Well I don;t know if Vince was serious or not, but I certainly don't belong on that list either! :shock: :oops: :shock:
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
SDsalsaguy said:
DancePoet said:
And I'll even take myself off the list since Vince A was not likely serious, and I'm not really a true Salsaholic anyway. ;)
Well I don;t know if Vince was serious or not, but I certainly don't belong on that list either! :shock: :oops: :shock:
Ok ... I'll take SD off the list, too. ;)
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
Ok this is most recent draft of the list:

Men:

Johnny Vasquez, Sabor, Frankie Martinez, Ramon from Imperion Azteca, Cuban Pete, Francisco Vazquez, Luis Vazquez, Fernando from Tropical Gem, Alex Da Silva, Cristian Oviedo from Los Angeles, CA, Thomas Guerrero from Santo Rico, Juan Matos, Carlos B, Super Mario, Julian Mejia from Atlanta

Women:

Liz Lira, Alyra from Tropical Gem, Sandy from Tropical Gem, Melissa Fernandez from Mas Salsa Brava, Burju from New York, Sheila Sampath, Joby Vazquez Martinez, Olivia Dasso, Sascha from Los Angeles, Jemadean Haynie from San Diego

Ok folks, if anyone has additional nominations before I create the poll sometime around noon tomorrow, please let us know asap!

Oh ... Matrix, SDSalsaguy, and I have all taken ourselves off the list. Perhaps we could take Sabor off as well? ;)
 

macha

New Member
*coughZUMIcough*

(What- the boy has FLIGHT, can't ye see? :lol: He even has a really fancy name: Descarado- but that's hard to get out when he's on your foot!)
 

macha

New Member
I know it's hard to keep track amidst all the cross-talk going on in this thread, but could we please try keeping the quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes to a minimmum? I'm getting a headache!
Ok, now THAT is the voice of reason! The boxes- they're everywhere! I'm scared! I panicked! You started me eating marzipan again! :p
 
OH MY GOD! Who deleted my post about Sabor?

(I said something to the lines of Sabor not being able to even consider the possibility of taking himself off the list where the best dancer in the worl is being chosen cuz he loves himself so much...)

If you guys don't know, me and Z1 or Zexxyone or Sabor have a long history of knowing each other through the salsa forums. He's from Egypt and I'm from L.A. and via these mediums, we have interacted for a while. If I post something that might seem like I'm picking on him, it's because I know he'll know I'm playing around and he might even pick at me in return. He calls me a shorty (even though I'm 5'9") and I bag on him for loving himself so much... so what?? Why do you guys feel the "heavingly" need to CONTROL how people, who know each other and are friends through the salsa boards, interact with each other???

Man... this is ridiculous and out of control!!!

I heard once that some policemen become police officers because they love to feel in control and they like the feeling of power, but this is the first time I see this happen in a salsa forum.

WOW! :shock:
 
Matrix said:
If you guys don't know, me and Z1 or Zexxyone or Sabor have a long history of knowing each other through the salsa forums. He's from Egypt and I'm from L.A. and via these mediums, we have interacted for a while. If I post something that might seem like I'm picking on him, it's because I know he'll know I'm playing around and he might even pick at me in return.
I think it's safe to say that different forums have different "tones" and ways of interacting. Some people have different sets of friends at work, or at the gym, or at the nightclubs, etc. Sabor can speak for himself, but maybe there's a reason why he never invited you to have dinner with this set of friends. :idea: Or did he send you an e-mail asking you to check out this forum? :?: You seem to have invited yourself, and for some reason you also expect everybody at this table to laugh when you belch or think it's "cool" when you loudtalk your way through a conversation. :roll:

Matrix said:
I heard once that some policemen become police officers because they love to feel in control and they like the feeling of power, but this is the first time I see this happen in a salsa forum.
One man's "speed trap" is another man's safe town. The fact that some of us have been posting for months or years may be a sign that we like our traffic cops here. You're always free to plan your drive through another city, if you choose.... 8)
 
Big10 said:
Matrix said:
If you guys don't know, me and Z1 or Zexxyone or Sabor have a long history of knowing each other through the salsa forums. He's from Egypt and I'm from L.A. and via these mediums, we have interacted for a while. If I post something that might seem like I'm picking on him, it's because I know he'll know I'm playing around and he might even pick at me in return.
I think it's safe to say that different forums have different "tones" and ways of interacting. Some people have different sets of friends at work, or at the gym, or at the nightclubs, etc. Sabor can speak for himself, but maybe there's a reason why he never invited you to have dinner with this set of friends. :idea: Or did he send you an e-mail asking you to check out this forum? :?: You seem to have invited yourself, and for some reason you also expect everybody at this table to laugh when you belch or think it's "cool" when you loudtalk your way through a conversation. :roll:

Matrix said:
I heard once that some policemen become police officers because they love to feel in control and they like the feeling of power, but this is the first time I see this happen in a salsa forum.
One man's "speed trap" is another man's safe town. The fact that some of us have been posting for months or years may be a sign that we like our traffic cops here. You're always free to plan your drive through another city, if you choose.... 8)
word :applause:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Ads