The cake photo thread...

etp777

Thanks. Sadly, I left it out on counter over night after only eating half of it. Probably a good thing though, as likely would have eaten all the rest of it next day, that peanut butter filling recipe from JA is SOOO good

Thanks. Sadly, I left it out on counter over night after only eating half of it. Probably a good thing though, as likely would have eaten all the rest of it next day, that peanut butter filling recipe from JA is SOOO good
The cake society are saddened by this turn of events! Looked yum! :D

agreed, they look very nice! Talking of cakes I had a few cupcakes tonight at cousins 30th party. Stacked to the hilt with icing.... mmmmm more more! :D

etp777

hahaha, never frosted a cake, and was only thing I had that was close to a flat surface to put it on. :) Didn't realize problem until after I'd already flattened the cake, etc, otherwise I would have picked something up when I ran out for eggs for the filling

j_alexandra

Waxed paper is your friend.
Baker's parchment. Better than wax paper; doesn't get soaked through so fast. KAF catalog has a good deal on pre-cut sheets, but it's availble in my supermarket, may be in yours.

And, not for nothing etp, but when your next b'day comes around, ask gf for a pastry bag and some useful tubes. Your cupcakes will make people swoon from the looks, as well as the taste, and it's EASIER than using a spatula. No lie.

pygmalion

Or, if you're making the cakes for show or to take to a party, etc, you can get those cardboard cake thingies -- like a disposable cake plate. (I assume there's an official name for them, but I don't know what it is.)

Michael's and Hobby Lobby have them in the Wilton section. I've also seen them in lots of party stores.

j_alexandra

I won't talk about the cake I made myself for my birthday. 'Cos if I do, I'll just make another one, and I'm trying to limit myself to one a year. But LG, it would fill your craving quite nicely. :D

Dance Ads