The cake photo thread...

I won't talk about the cake I made myself for my birthday. 'Cos if I do, I'll just make another one, and I'm trying to limit myself to one a year. But LG, it would fill your craving quite nicely. :D
Please talk about this cake in no less than 10,000 words (immense intricate detail).

You have until Sunday 9pm sunday to complete this dissertation. Thank you 8)

j_alexandra

Sour-cream based layers, dark, dark, dense, but still tender, and how I managed that I will never know
Buttercream made with oodles of really good cocoa in with the powdered sugar, so it, too was dark, dense, silky, rich chocolate, glossy and smooth
It's been almost six weeks, and I still remember every mouthful <swoon>

Peaches

If you won't talk about it, will you at least point others of us tothe recipe?

Speaking of which, I saw a recipe for a three-layer chocolate mousse cake--dark, milk, white. I want to try making that so badly. I need to get myself a good springform pan though.

Sour-cream based layers, dark, dark, dense, but still tender, and how I managed that I will never know
Buttercream made with oodles of really good cocoa in with the powdered sugar, so it, too was dark, dense, silky, rich chocolate, glossy and smooth
It's been almost six weeks, and I still remember every mouthful <swoon>
Consuming, Mourning, Building: Demotion and the Encoded Demotion of Initiation in J. Alexanders Chocolate cake...

Once upon a time in a kitchen, far, far away.

J awoke that morning, tired but motivated. She had been up late the previous evening watching a re-run of 'Diagnosis Murder' starring Dick Van Dyke (I like him too!).

Today was a special day as J was celebrating her birthday and this meant she was free to decimate the kitchen larder of all its secrets and wonderful exotic tastes!

First though J fancied a spot of breakfast on her balcony overlooking the sandy beach below.

As she tucked into her slice of pineapple a seagull appeared over the horizon looking for a tasty treat. Mr. Seagull spied J's pineapple but he was unaware that J had already spotted his beady eyes.

As the seagull approached J shot up out of her chair and replaced the pineapple for a slice of grapefruit.

The feathered bird picked up the grapefruit having a nibble... the tangy taste of the grapefruit downed our feathered friend as it was too bitter for his beak. As the bird landed he sqwarked upwards to the balcony and left defeated!

J headed back indoors and slept on the sofa for a few hours before creating her masterpiece in the kitchen.

She dreamed of cocoa with powdered sugar and rich chocolate... this proved too much and she woke wanting to create it immediately!!!

The mixing bowl, wooden spoons and the oven were all brought into action.

Six hours passed and her cake was complete... Sour-cream based layers, dark, dark, dense, but still tender.... Buttercream made with oodles of really good cocoa in with the powdered sugar, so it, too was dark, dense, silky, rich chocolate, glossy and smooth.

J promptly eat the cake over a week period remembering every slice... oooh it tasted so good. Dick Van Dyke was jealous and even commented about the cake on Diagnosis Murder - truly a twilight zone moment.

Like a person kissed by a famous person J refused to wipe away any of the chocolate from her mouth.

Her husband found her two weeks later on the beach, chocolate smothered and melting in the baking sun.

"I hope you left me a piece" as he walked back to the house...

J pretended she was asleep as she quickly ran towards the sea and onto the waiting cruise liner named "The Love Boat".

The End.

392 words! Drat, I've got 9,608 to go!

j_alexandra

Speaking of which, I saw a recipe for a three-layer chocolate mousse cake--dark, milk, white. I want to try making that so badly. I need to get myself a good springform pan though.
Mosey on over to recipes thread, I'll put it there shortly.

BTW, if buying a springform pan, see if you can get NOT nonstick. I find my cheesecake rises higher in a NOT nonstick springform. In fact, I tossed the nonstick one.

Joe

I gots some you can borrow.

Peaches

I gots some you can borrow.
I will take you up on that!

I still want to get a really good one of my own. (That and a tart pan. I've been meaning to get myself a damn tart pan for years, and have never gotten around to it.) There's a glass bottomed one that I'm drooling over.

latingal

j_alexandra said:
I won't talk about the cake I made myself for my birthday. 'Cos if I do, I'll just make another one, and I'm trying to limit myself to one a year. But LG, it would fill your craving quite nicely.
Not sure how I missed this post four weeks ago, but hey j_alex...I still want chocolate cake!!

Dance Ads