The most akward/exotic excuses ladies use to refuse a dance

MaggieMoves

What do you say to a man that wears an overly large watch when he dances? I went out salsa dancing this weekend in NYC this weekend... And it ended up pinching my skin to where it broke a blood vessel. This wasn't the first time either.

Last time he just kind of laughed it off and said it was a "battle scar," but I don't want any more of them.

Maybe next time I dance with him I should wear every bracelet and trying I own. ;)

Steve Pastor

Staff member
Large rings are bad, too.
I've read that expensive watches are a big thing in NYC. Ads in the New York Times pretty much confirm that.
Me, I would decline a dance with someone wearing something that I know can harm me (previous experience helps a lot here.)
Oh, and women who curse me when I inadvertently hook into their long necklace.
Then there is the very entertaining belt buckle tangle in "close embrace."

FancyFeet

What do you say to a man that wears an overly large watch when he dances? I went out salsa dancing this weekend in NYC this weekend... And it ended up pinching my skin to where it broke a blood vessel. This wasn't the first time either.

Last time he just kind of laughed it off and said it was a "battle scar," but I don't want any more of them.

Maybe next time I dance with him I should wear every bracelet and trying I own. ;)
Maybe I'm rude, but I'd simply ask him to take it off before we danced.

And not entirely the same thing, but I often ask pro to ditch his watch during lessons (it scratches me during latin) and have a standing rule that he can't keep anything in his right pants pocket while we are dancing (put in place for tango, but seems to have morphed to 'all the time'). Seems fair to me :)

Dance Ads