The most important characteristic in AT

What do you think is the most important characteristic for a great AT dance?
Eg connection, footwork, physical strength, etc...

My vote goes for connection. a deep connection is much harder to attain than some of the others, and goes further for the enjoyment by both parties.

Hey JTh, great question. May I ask one of you? What do you mean by deep connection?
A deep connection is when both the leader and follower have that chemistry.. they don't say anything...just lost in eachothers arms and transported to anoyher place... lost in eachother guided by the music.
Needless to say....it's highly enjoyable for both.

Angel HI

@JTh You have been here long enough that you have to know that @rain_dog 's post and @newbie 's post are satirical. Of course, newbie's post has a hidden profundity to it (as most of his do). My answer to your question......

The most important characteristic to executing a good AT is 2 fold and in this order; 1- learning to dance (walk) not from foot to foot, but from middle to middle, and 2- a comfortable and centered embrace.

The most important characteristic to dancing a good AT is being into an easy, comfortable, and enjoyable connection with your partner, the movement, and the music regardless of whether you are dancing just a walk or a complicated fantasia.

@JTh You have been here long enough that you have to know that @rain_dog 's post and @newbie 's post are satirical. Of course, newbie's post has a hidden profundity to it (as most of his do). My answer to your question......

The most important characteristic to executing a good AT is 2 fold and in this order; 1- learning to dance (walk) not from foot to foot, but from middle to middle, and 2- a comfortable and centered embrace.

The most important characteristic to dancing a good AT is being into an easy, comfortable, and enjoyable connection with your partner, the movement, and the music regardless of whether you are dancing just a walk or a complicated fantasia.
Ok..I didn't know the personalities of the forum members posts...I don't check this forum often and dont read many posts to make that determination... :) will try and change that.

For me it is if the lady is happy. This can start well before the actual dance, for instance with the lady that says "Are you going to ask me tonight?" or even weeks before with "Are you going to ask me next milonga?"

I've had dances that were technically terrible, mistakes everywhere, but both parties were laughing and having a great time.

sixela

What do you think is the most important characteristic for a great AT dance?
Not all "great AT dances" are alike.

It's like asking what the most important characteristic of a piece of music is, and it's _very_ different when listening to Bach, a Schumann lied, Nick Cave, Portishead or Radiohead.

Not everything that's important can be measured or even described.

Dance Ads