The Weather Thread

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well...to be fair, I don't think it's been such a big deal YET....but I am preparing for the regional ankle grabbing tomo through tues morn...our huskies never need to come in...he is coming in

JudeMorrigan

Yeah, the local forecast for Monday is a low of 4 degrees Fahrenheit. If it actually hits that, I'm pretty sure it'll be the coldest weather I've ever experienced in my entire life. (I'm a Florida boy by birth.)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am just glad that, in 1999, after a bad experience a few years prior, we moved into a home with a fireplace...and that, a few weeks ago dh had the presence of mind to buy some firewood

dancelvr

A fireplace is never a bad idea if you live where it gets really cold. My wood stove has saved my butt during more than one power outage in cold weather.

My first winter living in Nebraska saw wind chill temps of 50 below. I don't miss that so much.

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
We are under house arrest too. MODOT snow trucks did not plow and salt because the salt only works to 5 degrees, but our temps were dropping to -10. If they salted we would get that slushy junk as people drive on it. But next time the temp drops it would then just freeze back up into big choppy ruts in a matter of minutes. So we had no trucks on the roads or highways for most of the storm. Digging out from that tomorrow will be a huge task for everyone.

Dance Ads