The Weather Thread

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
is beautiful today, but rumor has it that there will be snow on monday, which I believe because I have to drive to lessons that day....I am going to wear a skort, a cami, and my crocs in sheer refusal to accept it

cornutt

Warning message just came over the TV. These alert messages are all canned... normally all tornado warnings use the same canned message. The one that just played, I've never heard before. Highlight: "You could be killed."

cornutt

The current situation. This is a NEXRAD base velocity display from Weather Underground. Where the red and blue colors meet at the upper right is a major tornado. There's another one forming west-southwest of it. Where I'm at is at the right edge near the bottom. THe distance between me and it is about 40 miles. This particular tornado isn't a threat to me, but as the whole line sags southward, the freight train will be headed in my direction.

Base Velocity.png

cornutt

Things finally seem to be calming down a bit. But the damage pictures are starting to come in... some of it looks pretty bad. Reports are that two fatalities have been found so far.

cornutt

Yes, we have a room in the basement. Things are calming down now, but we're seeing reports of significant damage in towns along I-65 north and west of us. Still raining like heck and a lot of lightning. They are saying we can expect 5+ inches of rain overnight.

Dance Ads