The Weather Thread

cornutt

Huntsville is getting some snow now. Not a lot; we're expecting 1-2". Temperature is not going to be above freezing tomorrow, but drier air is moving in and the winds are pretty high, so I'm hoping it sublimes overnight.

stash

Snow has been going steady since about 1pm here. It's very pretty out. One of neighbors went out (walking I presume) and came back with a case of corona :p

3wishes

Ha! I also live on a mountain with a sports car. It's been raining like heck here since about 9 PM last night, and it's supposed to turn to ice around noon today. I won't be staying at work very long.
Ya know, I lived and worked in the local mtns, and always had tow straps to drag these types of vehicles OUT of the gully's and snow drifts episodes with my Yukon. Thank goodness you and others have the presence of mind to not do something like drive in the predicted mess that is about to happen.

RiseNFall

I live on the "maybe bad, maybe nothing" line and whatever it was going to be was supposed to start this morning. By the time I paid attention to the fact that the forecast had changed and it was starting last night, I was already home and didn't want to go out again. I looked at the expected accumulations overnight and still thought, oh, fine, I can go get some more groceries in the morning. o_O I don't know if anything is open, but it's just scary looking out there. I have food, just not necessarily the food I would have chosen if all it involved was waving a magic wand.

I'm now bravely (or stupidly) doing some laundry hoping the power doesn't go out mid-load!

It seems like a good time to bring this back now, what with all the crazy storms in the US right now! We are not in hurricane danger here, but there has been tornado warnings the past three nights in row!!!

cornutt

What part of the country are you in? I was concerned for some friends in Cape Canaveral, but it appears that the area did not get major damage.

Same, I have a sister near there, but they are doing A-OK. I'm no where near the hurricane fortunately. I'm in Oklahoma actually. It just amazes me how far reaching these weather things can get.

Dance Ads