The Whining thread

pygmalion

Yeah. Me too. Whin-jing sounds so much better, to me, than whin-ging. :lol: :lol:

And, btw, I forgot my softs and hards, when it comes to gs. Not sure which is which. :oops: :oops: Where's DWise1? I bet he knows. :lol: :lol:

SDsalsaguy said:
Thanks Jenn, OK, got it, sounds like "j" -- so its pronounced the way I'd gussed it would be! :D
Yep, that's the correct pronunciation! :D

"To whinge" is used a lot in Britain (in some areas more than others), and it means "to complain". It's a bit different from "whine", which, as well as possibly meaning "a complaint", or "to complain", can also be used to indicate a particular tone of voice (usually high-pitched or plaintive.)

Rosa :)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well I'll whine b/c I still cant get my avatar up and its not the fault of the new set-up...just can't locate it in MY computer...need DH for this...can't figure out where he hid it...of course its not with all the other photos that are too big and would have to be cropped....and I'm not that savvy yet...oh well...maybe I'll just wait til after osb...it wasnt the betst shot on the planet anyway

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
and while I'm whining ...okay Ill admit it, it didn't deserve its own thread...BUT,I MISS MACHA....could have used her sense o humor yesterday

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
well now that I know I am providing a public service, I will be sure to do it more often(missing my winking and cool guy emoticons...and a pouting one too)

pygmalion

fascination said:
well now that I know I am providing a public service, I will be sure to do it more often(missing my winking and cool guy emoticons...and a pouting one too)

Yepper. Whining makes the world go 'round. :wink: :cool: :lol:

(Missing 'em too.)

Hey. It looks like the cool guy is just a colon followed by the word cool followed by a colon.

Sagitta

ACtually yopu can use smilies...but only when posting a message. The option does not seem to show up when repting to a post. Right now I can see below the quick reply message box two options. Quick reply and Go advanced. Clicking on go advanced gives me smilies on the right hand side. :shock: :eek: :eek: :cool:

ACtually just discovered can only use 4 smilies at a time... :-(

Purr

Why I'm whining today:

1) My new manager has assigned me develop Power Point training for my office, to be given sometime between November 17 and 23. I'm tired of being the one to develop and give training. Sometime, I'd like to be on the receiving end of training. Where is the help when I need it?

2) I'm scheduled to be on vacation November 11 through 18.

pygmalion

Ooh! Lots to whine about. Does the manager know about your vacation? And isn't this the same person who "accidentally" made a disparaging remarks about a week or so ago? Grr.

cornutt

Got a zillion little cuts on my hands from having to handle fiberglass insulation yesterday. Just thinking about it makes me itch.

pygmalion

cornutt said:
Got a zillion little cuts on my hands from having to handle fiberglass insulation yesterday. Just thinking about it makes me itch

Ouch.

Had to add extra characters to make this post. Can you hear the whine in my voice? :lol:

Dance Ads